Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
As a lead for chassis steering design, you will help define
and deliver the components which control the direction of world
leading electric vehicles via human and autonomous inputs. You will
be viewed as a technical leader of steering system on the chassis
team which will help guide the design work of your colleagues in
order to develop world leading electric vehicles.
- Design and develop steering components from initial concept to
PPAP. Components include but are not limited to electronic power
steering, steering columns, intermediate shafts and individual
- Establish requirements for components based on the need of the
vehicle (lateral dynamics, steering feel, crash, strength,
durability, stiffness, corrosion, etc.)
- Plan the technology roadmap of the steering system for future
- Design with excellence at system and component level, with
great attention to every detail
- Help guide and lead other members of the chassis team in their
design of steering components
- Work closely with both internal teams and external suppliers,
using creativity and teamwork to integrate multiple systems in the
most efficient way possible
- Coordinate virtual engineering and physical validation testing
activities for your designs
- Manage multiple complex projects in a demanding
- 5+ years of automotive industry experience, mostly focused on
the steering system
- Personally designed steering component and/or system from
concept to PPAP
- Experience and understanding of automotive mechatronics design
and control theory
- Proven 3D CAD skills
- Hands-on practical experience in prototype assembly
- Experience in technology, system and supplier selection
- Project leadership and mentoring skills
- Design release engineering experience, including engineering
change management and project management experience
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 20% if
- 10+ years of automotive industry experience
- Experience and proficiency with CATIA V5/V6
- Knowledge of vehicle crash safety principles
- Knowledge of vehicle dynamics principles
- Knowledge of NVH principles
- Ability to run CAE analysis tools
- Driven-vehicle attributes development experience
- BS/BEng or MS/MEng, or equivalent experience, in Mechanical
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.