Flex Officer - Special Response Officer
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job Title: Flex Officer (Special Response Officer)
Location: San Francisco
Environment: Corporate Administrative
Pay Rate: $23.00
Shift & Hours: Morning and Swing shifts - 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM and
3:00 PM to 11:00 PM (Thursday to Monday)
Included Benefits/Perks: Health, Dental, Vision Coverage, 401(k),
and Paid Time Off for Full Time Employees
General Job Functions: Special response officers provide security
officer services to Vallejo and Concord Area. Special Response
Officers will be trained at all sites within their assigned
Who is GardaWorld?
GardaWorld is the world's largest privately-owned security services
company. We protect our clients' staff and assets, wherever they
are in the world. We offer different schedules, diverse work
assignments spanning multiple industries and career advancement
opportunities. We encourage diversity and are proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. GardaWorld is looking for Security Officers
to fulfill different assignments for our clients in the East Bay
GardaWorld's Special Response Officer (SRO - FLEX Officer) is
responsible for interacting with team members, tenants and the
client, as well as ensuring the site is safe and secure. This
position is best suited for individuals who can provide customer
service to the highest of standards - capable of representing
GardaWorld as the premier provider of security services in the
industry. The Special Response Officer (Flex Officer) position
requires a mostly open schedule and picks up shifts around the
valley based on vacations, leave of absences, or call-offs.
Their primary function is to provide operational support to the
field. A GardaWorld SRO remains flexible to respond quickly to work
any location or any shift in a pre-determined geography. Upon
arrival to an assigned post, the SRO is tasked with the same duties
as the Security Officer normally filling that post. Additionally,
the SRO may be assigned to other operational or administrative
special duties or tasks as determined by the Branch Office or
designee. Persons filling this position are considered to be
supervisors in training.
Flex Officer Program Objectives:
* Staff new accounts until permanent Security Officers can be
* Provide security for short-term special events.
* Fill in for officers while on vacation/sick/no call-no show.
Qualifications specific to this position site include, but are not
* A Valid BSIS Guard Card is required (40 hours preferred).
* A valid driver's license and clean driving record is
* Minimum 2 years' experience in one of, or a combination of the
* Security Experience (Patrol and access control experience)
* Law Enforcement (Police Academy Graduate)
* Corrections Experience (Corrections Officer)
* Military (Career/Military Police/Military Elite Forces)
* A valid CPR certification is required, but may be obtained prior
* At least 21 years of age or older as required by applicable law
or contractual requirements.
General Qualifications to work in physical security at GardaWorld
* Possess at least a high school education or equivalent (GED)
* Pass an extensive background screening which includes, but is not
limited to, criminal background checks (local, state, and federal),
drug test, aptitude tests, skills assessment, interviews, and
personality profile (behavioral assessment)
Special Note: After a minimum of 6 months within the SRO / Flex
Program, personnel will be permitted an opportunity to transition
out of the SRO program and into a permanent assignment, with a
permanent schedule at a single location (based on schedule / site
Keywords: Gardaworld, Oakland , Flex Officer - Special Response Officer, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!