Patient State Disability Coordinator
Company: Alameda Health System
Posted on: January 15, 2022
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, evaluate patient care
medical record documentation for the purpose of processing and
submitting State Disability Insurance and Worker's compensation
(Doctors First Report) forms. Works with Physicians to provide
accurate and timely data including medical diagnosis/treatment
plans and duration of disability. Ensure Physician and clerical
completion of Doctors First Report forms within a timely manner,
based on procedural and regulatory guidelines. Performs related
duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the
duties performed by employees in this classification. However,
employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level.
Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual
in the classification.
1. Determines whether patients have SDI eligibility per EDD
requirement and completes the necessary document within time limits
specified the appropriate agency.
2. Assists and consults with the Physician and/or other departments
to obtain or provide patient information.
3. Ensures Physician and patient demographic information is
accurate and complete for timely processing and billing
4. Maintains contact with Nursing and other department staff
regarding the processing of SDI forms.
5. Utilizes WellSoft, OAS Gold, SOFTMED, and other
Hospital/Web-based systems to obtain pertinent information for each
6. Completes SDI Extension forms timely
7. Works closely with Health Information Management to ensure
timely availability of records is received.
8. Maintains a tracking system/file for each claim form
9. Performs such special projects such as researching information,
summarizing data, evaluating alternatives and preparing narrative
or statistical reports.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education: High School Diploma or GED
required. Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred. Two- three
years experience in a hospital or clinic type setting. One -two
years experience of Workers' Compensation claims and State
HGH Patient Access
Admin, Business & Clinical Support
Keywords: Alameda Health System, Oakland , Patient State Disability Coordinator, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!