Control Room Operator
Company: Pic Group, Inc
Posted on: May 11, 2022
At PIC Group, Inc., our emphasis is on excellence. -We recruit
the strongest candidates in the power generation industry. As a
global service provider, we continually seek talented individuals.
Title: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Control
Room Operator Position Type: - - - - - - - - - Contract Location: -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - East Bay Area, CA Reports to: - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - Plant Manager Status: - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - Non-Exempt Job Summary: - The Control Room
Operator is responsible for all operational aspects of the plant
during the work shift, including personnel and equipment safety.
The Control Room Operator ensures safe and efficient start-up,
operation, and shutdown of the power generation plant equipment
from inside the control room at a -simple cycle aeroderivative
Power Plant. The Control Room Operator may report to and support
the Shift Supervisor and/or Plant Manager. - The Control Room
Operator may provide input on matters pertaining to Operations and
Maintenance (O&M) activities, plant improvement projects,
contract obligations, plant owner requests, and third-party
activities. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and operate equipment circuit breakers and switches as
required for safe and efficient operation of the plant to include
opening, locking, and tagging for isolation and maintenance.
- Participate in scheduled safety meetings and training.
- Safely operate vehicles on-site as required.
- Coordinate with Load Dispatcher to maintain plant performance
and output as directed and in accordance with the Power Purchase
- Perform start-up, operation, and shutdown of equipment,
systems, and the plant in accordance with approved plant
- Monitor and record plant operating parameters inside the
control room; adjust as required to maintain safe and efficient
operation of the plant.
- Upon detecting faulty equipment operation, diagnose the cause
then take proper action to restore the equipment and plant to a
- Monitor plant air and water emissions and take steps to
maintain within acceptable limits. - Immediately notify Shift
Supervisor and/or plant management of abnormal situations,
including those that may result in violation of regulatory
- Direct the actions of the Auxiliary Operator as required to
start-up, operate, shutdown, and respond to abnormal situations
from outside the control room.
- Provide periodic reports to the Shift Supervisor and/or plant
management regarding plant status.
- Identify, troubleshoot, correct, and report on conditions that
are likely to develop into operational problems or safety
- Respond to and report on chemical spills and leaks in
accordance with plant emergency response plans.
- Ensure thorough turnover from Control Room Operator being
relieved, including special orders, unusual operating conditions,
and review of operating logs and key parameters.
- Perform tests on critical safety systems, as directed,
including lube oil pumps, turbine valves, turbine system trips,
- Perform and direct equipment isolation in accordance with plant
- Maintain work area in a clean, orderly condition.
- Assist in training of site staff.
- Perform minor maintenance as directed during scheduled and
unscheduled maintenance periods.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Shift Supervisor and/or
plant management. Job Requirements:
- The successful candidate should be able to read and understand
corporate programs, policies, procedures, plant drawings, and
instructions specific to his/her role. -
- Mechanical, instrumentation and electrical equipment knowledge
- Demonstrates knowledge of all facets of power plant
- Demonstrates the ability to make competent decisions in
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of equipment isolation and tagging procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of the purpose and proper use of the plant
- Excellent problem-solving skills to identify, analyze, and
- Excellent teamwork skills required.
- Work independently with little oversight in addition to working
well with others.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and presentation skills.
- Ability to walk, reach, climb, stoop, and lift (up to 50
pounds). Education / Experience:
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Electrical and/or Instrumentation & Control
experience/background working in industrial facilities
- Experience in power plants preferred. Experience in refineries
and/or manufacturing facilities may be considered acceptable.
- Experience overseeing contractors desired.
- Experience performing start-up, operation, and shutdown of
equipment, systems, and the plant in accordance with approved plant
procedures from the control room utilizing the Distributed Control
- Familiarity with gas turbines and their auxiliary equipment
(Pratt & Whitney FT4C-3F).
- Understanding of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, etc. We are
proud to offer competitive wages and benefits. Prior to beginning
work, all applicants must be willing to submit to a drug and
alcohol screen as well as a background check, inclusive of
criminal. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the
qualifications for each position. PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Due to the large number of responses we
receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required
experience and qualifications will be contacted.
Keywords: Pic Group, Inc, Oakland , Control Room Operator, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!