Research Associate - Protein Synthesis
Company: Bayside Solutions, Inc.
Posted on: May 12, 2022
In this position, you will help expand the applications of
cell-free technology in the biopharmaceutical industry by
supporting and executing research and development projects. The
work will involve cell-free and cellular protein synthesis
optimization, protein purification, and protein characterization
using SDS-PAGE, UPLC, and ELISA binding evaluation. You'll also
work with our platform development team to improve our platform to
make a wider variety of proteins and scale-up the cell-free protein
synthesis process from the bench scale to GMP clinical batches.
- Support and execute experiments to screen, characterize, and
produce preparative amounts of protein therapeutic candidates.
- Perform and optimize cell-free protein expression of various
- Prepare and validate materials for cell-free protein expression
for use at the bench and pilot scale.
- Purify proteins at scales from magnetic beads to AKTA
- Characterize proteins using UPLC, SDS-PAGE, and ELISA.
- Design DNA using synthetic biology-based methods
- Perform experiments using PCR, protein and DNA electrophoresis,
Western blotting, expression, cell culture (bacterial)
- Interpret and present experimental data to colleagues and
- Prepare reagents for testing and process samples via automated
systems in accordance with the laboratory's standard operating
- Help improve and build upon our cell-free synthesis,
purification, and characterization platform to deliver new classes
of proteins, expand throughput, and increase speed. Qualifications
- [Required] Direct experience working with molecular cloning,
protein expression, purification, and characterization (preferably
of protein therapeutics).
- [Required] BS (+2 years experience) or MS (with highly-related
thesis experience), in Bioengineering, Biochemistry, Microbiology,
Synthetic Biology, Biological Engineering, Biomedical Engineering,
Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, or related fields.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret, compile, and present
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based small company
environment with a drive to creatively solve problems around how to
speed up protein therapeutic development and experimental
- Availability to work full-time hours at our Oakland, CA
- High intrinsic motivation and a desire to learn new
- [Preferred] Direct experience with automation and
- [Preferred] Direct experience with in vitro
transcription-translation or cell-free protein synthesis
Keywords: Bayside Solutions, Inc., Oakland , Research Associate - Protein Synthesis, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!