Social Worker Lead
Company: First Place for Youth
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Are you ready to make an impact? Join a diverse, mission-driven
team working in five San Francisco Bay Area counties, Los Angeles,
and Jackson, Mississippi, to put success within reach for
transition-age foster youth.Our team shows up every day ready to
make a difference in the lives of young people who've grown up in
foster care. We believe in the limitless potential of all people,
and we're working to remove the individual and systemic barriers
that stand between foster youth and their goals. Our innovative
approach blends cutting-edge data science, individualized,
youth-driven supports, and strategic partnerships with providers,
stakeholders, and policymakers to drive lasting change at all
levels.First Place for Youth believes our shared purpose, More is
Possible, is a call to action for diversity, equity, and inclusion
throughout our policy and practice network. We are committed to
becoming a more inclusive multicultural organization that
prioritizes the belonging and quality of life of all our program
participants and staff members.Some of the great Benefits of
working at First Place for Youth: Competitive Compensation
Comprehensive benefits package, including 90% paid premium for
medical and well as 70 % paid premiums for dependents. 15 vacation
days ,12 sick days 14 holidays and 2 floating days per year 401k
retirement plan with 4% employer match after 1 year of service
Employer-paid Employee Assistance programs and Life Insurance
Excellent clinical training, individual and group supervision, and
assistance towards licensure. Opportunities to develop specialized
skills, including clinical supervision and evidence-based practices
Annual performance evaluations provide the potential for a salary
increase each year JOB SUMMARY:The Social Worker Lead reports to
the Director of Programs-AC/SF, providing field-based training and
support to ensure program fidelity, providing direct services
including conflict resolution, crisis support, adjunctive support,
and substitute case management and employment and education
services covering for vacation, vacancy, and other staffing gaps.
The Social Worker Lead provides informal consultative support to
team members, assists with specialized resource finding, and
supports efforts toward program efficiency and outcome achievement,
and may provide interim supervision to Youth Advocates and
Employment and Education Specialists as needed.The ideal candidate
is a knowledgeable, experienced professional who can work well
within multiple teams and be clear about their changing role from
placement to placement while understanding the goals and
philosophies of each placement position. This position requires a
clinical professional whose passion for First Place's vision is
matched with energetic leadership, sound judgment in the face of
complex challenges, and a proven track record of successfully
managing direct-service teams. Essential Duties and
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be
assigned. Program Operations & Program Fidelity
- Manage projects assigned to ensure compliance with program
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff on all components and
processes of First Place for Youth program with particular emphasis
on assigned program.
- Participate in the ongoing development, evaluation and
refinement of service delivery including field training and support
to ensure program fidelity and adherence to First Place
- As directed, provide quality assurance and chart review to
ensure compliance and integrity of documentation.
- Provide initial training and semi-annual fidelity checks in
field for all YA staff.
- As needed, provide interim supervision of assigned
staff-Supervision includes weekly individual meeting to review
progress toward outcomes and performance metrics, and to provide
consultative support to increase clinical understanding toward
ensuring youth engagement, motivation and success. Contribute to
quarterly andannual reviews of supervised staff.
- Monitor staff effectiveness and support professional growth
through review of outcome and practice data.
- Provide direct staff training and consultation grounded in
evidence based practice and First Place for Youth guiding
principles including but not limited to trauma-informed care,
positive youth development, and motivational interviewing.
Collaborate with management team to implement, train, and coach
staff in best practice strategies. Direct Service to Youth
- Provide youth with individual counseling, crisis intervention,
referrals, advocacy and life skills training.
- Collaborate with community providers including county workers,
courts, professionals, vocational and independent living skills
programs, schools, family members and significant others
- Complete documentation including but not limited to Care and
Services plans, needs assessments, and progress notes.
- Support youth to identify and work toward employment and
educational goals that support their long term permanency.
- Participate in the youth intake process; conduct initial youth
assessments; support initial youth entrance treatment/service
- Other duties as assigned QUALIFICATIONS AND POSITION
- BA in social work, psychology, counselling or equivalent
required with Minimum four years of experience working in a child
welfare social services setting or with transition age youth with
complex presentations including chronic trauma required.
- Master's Degree in a social work, psychology, counselling or
- Professional License is a plus.
- Experience working with transition age youth with complex
presentations including chronic trauma preferred. Experience does
not substitute for professional degree and certification.
- Must be comfortable working in community settings.
- Willingness to work collaboratively, but with the capacity to
- Must be able to pass a Community Care Licensing background
- Must have a car, a valid CA drivers license and auto
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL - Ability to work with high level of
detail, work has high level of professional polish down to smallest
details, documents and products are well thought out and clear,
database is organized and up to date.
- DRIVEN BY ACCOMPLISHMENT - Clarity on project goals and the
personal drive to wake up every morning ready to accomplish goals,
finished projects are thorough and delivered on time. High level of
personal accountability for the quality and impact of work
- COMPUTER SKILLS -- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
applications including MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint,
Project and Outlook. Experience with database systems is a
- STRONG COMMUNICATION SKILLS - Exceptional oral and written
communication skills including the demonstrated ability to
research, assimilate, and analyze information, compose engaging
messages, and present data in a clear and inspiring manner.
- HIGH LEVEL OF PROFESSIONALISM - A high level of professionalism
in work and interpersonal interactions with both internal and
external contacts, presents to others as organized, informed, and
- DECISIVE NATURE - Well-honed ability to independently
anticipate and analyze situations, define problems and objectives,
recognize viable alternatives, and formulate rapid solutions, with
understanding of the inherent risks and the implications of making
- AVAILABILITY for occasional evening and weekend work and some
travel as needed.PI179214005
Keywords: First Place for Youth, Oakland , Social Worker Lead, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!