Research Associate III
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Supervises day-to-day activities of a major segment(s) of a
large study; all phases of a medium study; or several smaller
studies to include direction of less experienced research staff.
Large project usually is multi-year, with a budget in excess of
200k annually and hundreds of participants at multiple sites.
Recommends solutions to project design problems. Final review
required for some phases of projects.
- Manages all or most of the research study components and
phases. Manages staff to include: hiring, training, evaluating
performance and assigning work. Designs, implements and interprets
findings of pilot programs.
- Identifies and oversees preparation of study tools and
protocols. Prepares/presents progress reports as well as assists in
writing scientific articles. Manages project budget; recommends
budget actions/decisions. Supervises and monitors data collection,
data editing and on-site pretests. Recommends solutions to project
design problems. Leads professional committees with other
coordinators, investigators, etc.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right
to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
- Position is for one year. Continuation is contingent upon
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in one or more of the
technical areas required.Education
- Bachelor's degree in public health, health care administration,
epidemiology or other related field required, OR four (4) years of
experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required.Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Strong working knowledge of research methodology/research study
design, hypothesis testing and qualitative data interpretation and
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications, such as word
processing, spreadsheet design, and database applications.
- Able to create flow charts, chart review instruments, design
questionnaires, interpret data. Project management skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Master's degree in public health, health care administration,
epidemiology or other related field preferred.
PrimaryLocation : California,Oakland,2000 Broadway
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Tue - Sat
WorkingHoursStart : 08:30 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-NCAL-09-NUE-Non Union
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Research and Development,Research & Development
Department : Oakland Reg - 2000 Broadway - RI Medical
Records_Recharge - 0201
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Oakland , Research Associate III, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!