Visiting Therapist - Bilingual Position: $5,000 Sign On Bonus!!
Company: Fred Finch Youth & Family Services
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Brief DescriptionWho is Fred Finch?Limited Time: $5,000 Sign On
Bonus!!Are you interested in helping make your community a better
place for youth and families facing challenges? Come join the team
at Visiting Therapist Program (VTP)!Visiting Therapists provide
high quality, trauma-informed mental health services to youth and
families involved in the child welfare and juvenile justice systems
in Alameda County. The program serves participants in the community
(most often at home, but also at school or other community
locations), thus providing valuable continuity of services even if
the participant experiences a change of placement. The majority of
participants have been victims or witnesses of abuse and neglect.
Through developmentally appropriate and individualized services,
VTP supports a diverse population of at-risk youth, young adults
and families who may be experiencing barriers to receiving
office-based services. VTP services enable participants to learn to
cope with past trauma, increase their ability to regulate emotions,
gain insight into their actions, develop a strong and healthy sense
of self, and develop hope for their futures. Come and join our
team!Additional pay for verified bilingual skill!
- M.A. Degree in Social Work or Counseling from an accredited
college or university.
- Registered intern or associate with the Board of Behavioral
Sciences. Some programs may consider candidates who are able to
obtain registered status within first six (6) months after hire.
Registered PCC intern (PCCI)* with relevant experience with target
population eligible in San Diego/Alameda/San Mateo Counties (If
working in a program licensed by Community Care Licensing must meet
minimum training and experience requirements). For more information
- Licensed (LCSW or MFT; or, in San Diego/ Alameda/San Mateo
County Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors (LPCC). A license
may be preferred based upon program need.
- Certified to conduct a CANS/ANSA assessment within 90 days of
employment if the work assignment is in a County program that
requires CANS/ANSA certification.
- Demonstrated understanding of the developmental milestones of
children, youth, or young adults to provide to provide care,
treatment and services.
- Supervised experience in providing counseling and/or
- Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of diagnostic assessment,
individual/family/group behavioral treatment methods for target
population of program.
- Experience with or knowledge of designing, supervising,
monitoring, changing, and discontinuing individualized behavioral
interventions for staff delivering behavioral services (e.g.,
- Utilizes de-escalation techniques, including but not limited
to: attentiveness to potential triggers/stressors and early
indicators of distress; motivational interviewing; reflective
listening; providing responses that rely on engagement and empathy;
modeling composure through use of calm voice and neutral facial
expressions; remaining self-aware of verbal and non-verbal
communication, demonstrated ability to adjust verbal and non-verbal
communication, prompting for use of known coping skills; etc., to
defuse distress and ensure safety in a manner that aligns with the
trauma informed care model.
- Demonstrated cultural responsiveness in working with diverse
families and communities.
- Clean driving record; current CA Driver's License or ability to
obtain within 10 days after hired.
- Must have access to dependable transportation; personal car
insurance meeting minimum liability coverage required if position
requires driving for work or transporting participants.
- Basic computer and keyboarding competence with the ability to
use Microsoft Office Suite and/or competency with electronic
clinical documentation systems.SummaryOur Benefits!
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k retirement plan, employer match up to 6%
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off - Up to 21 days your 1st year!
- Pet Insurance/Legal Shield
- Qualifying Employer for PSLF
- Employee Discount Program
- Fun staff appreciation events!
Keywords: Fred Finch Youth & Family Services, Oakland , Visiting Therapist - Bilingual Position: $5,000 Sign On Bonus!!, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!