Mental Health School Based Therapist-Oakland/Hayward (Bilingual-Spanish Speaking Preferred)
Company: Fred Finch Youth & Family Services
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Limited Time: $5,000 Sign On Bonus
The Mental Health Therapist is responsible for providing high
quality, trauma-informed therapeutic services and/or case
management to a diverse population of at-risk youth, young adults,
and families who may be experiencing barriers to receiving
office-based behavioral health services. These developmentally
appropriate, individualized services may occur in the community,
school, office, or residential setting.
- M.A. Degree in Social Work or Counseling from an accredited
college or university.
- Registered intern or associate with the Board of Behavioral
Sciences. Some programs may consider candidates who are able to
obtain registered status within first six (6) months after hire.
Registered PCC intern (PCCI)* with relevant experience with target
population eligible in San Diego/Alameda/San Mateo Counties (If
working in a program licensed by Community Care Licensing must meet
minimum training and experience requirements). For more information
- Licensed (LCSW or MFT; or, in San Diego/ Alameda/San Mateo
County Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors (LPCC).A license
may be preferred based upon program need.
- Certified to conduct a CANS/ANSA assessment within 90 days of
employment if the work assignment is in a County program that
requires CANS/ANSA certification.
- Demonstrated understanding of the developmental milestones of
children, youth, or young adults to provide to provide care,
treatment and services.
- Supervised experience in providing counseling and/or
- Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of diagnostic assessment,
individual/family/group behavioral treatment methods for target
population of program.
- Experience with or knowledge of designing, supervising,
monitoring, changing, and discontinuing individualized behavioral
interventions for staff delivering behavioral services (e.g.,
- Utilizes de-escalation techniques, including but not limited
to: attentiveness to potential triggers/stressors and early
indicators of distress; motivational interviewing; reflective
listening; providing responses that rely on engagement and empathy;
modeling composure through use of calm voice and neutral facial
expressions; remaining self-aware of verbal and non-verbal
communication, demonstrated ability to adjust verbal and non-verbal
communication, prompting for use of known coping skills; etc., to
defuse distress and ensure safety in a manner that aligns with the
trauma informed care model.
- Demonstrated cultural responsiveness in working with diverse
families and communities.
- Clean driving record; current CA Driver's License or ability to
obtain within 10 days after hired.
- Must have access to dependable transportation; personal car
insurance meeting minimum liability coverage required if position
requires driving for work or transporting participants.
- Basic computer and keyboarding competence with the ability to
use Microsoft Office Suite and/or competency with electronic
clinical documentation systems.
- One (1) year post-graduate school experience with program
target population (Example: intellectually disabled, homeless,
teens or young adults, seriously emotionally disturbed).
- One (1) year experience with program modality (example:
school-based, residential, mobile/community-based, assertive
community treatment, wraparound, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to assess, triage and organize work.
- Applies a strength-based, culturally responsive,
trauma-informed approach to supervision, participant and community
- Experience with relevant evidence-based practices (e.g., CBT,
DBT, trauma- informed interventions).
- Exhibits strong behavioral, crisis management and
family/individual/group therapy skills.
- Fluency in prevailing language(s) of the community.
() For LPCC/PCCI's, the county-specific eligibility must be
verified by the hiring manager including certification by the BBS
to work with families, as required.
- Click here for complete job description****
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Employer matching 401k retirement plan up to 6$
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Holidays
- Education Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off - Up to 21 days your 1st year!
- Pet Insurance/Legal Shield
- Qualifying Employer for Loan Forgiveness
- Employee Discount Program
- Fun staff appreciation events!
Keywords: Fred Finch Youth & Family Services, Oakland , Mental Health School Based Therapist-Oakland/Hayward (Bilingual-Spanish Speaking Preferred), Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!