Transfer Coordinator/Care Liaison, System Admission Transfer Center
Company: Alameda Health System
Posted on: June 22, 2022
SUMMARY: Facilitates transfer requests from referring
physicians, providing framework, coordination, and direction for
the systemic monitoring of transfers and direct admissions.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the
duties performed by employees in this classification. However,
employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level.
Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual
in the classification.
1. Directs referring physicians with appropriate service line and
works in collaboration with the Bed Controller.
2. Obtains medical history and patient demographics from referring
3. Identifies trends and problem areas for special studies
regarding discharge barriers.
4. Provides authorization of HPAC cases for IP to IP outgoing
5. Communicates with payers/confirmation of approval for incoming
6. Communicates with physicians and outlying facilities regarding
all patient transfers, potential bed placements, and assists with
coordinating patient movement between facilities.
7. Coordinates transfer of emergent, urgent and elective patients
to a destination facility from all potential referral sources to
include but not limited to hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, and
8. Triages and prioritizes patient information and communicates
clinical presentation of the patient for accepting physicians and
9. Coordinates and troubleshoots referrals for placement of complex
10. Reviews team documentation and conducts quality reviews.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely
provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as
possession of any required licenses or certifications is
Required Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program or
Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
Required Experience: Five years experience; two years clinical
Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid license to practice as a
Registered Nurse in the State of California; Basic Life Support
Certification (BLS) issued by the American Heart Association.
Highland General Hospital
System Admission Transfer Center
Keywords: Alameda Health System, Oakland , Transfer Coordinator/Care Liaison, System Admission Transfer Center, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!