IT Support Specialist
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Transdev is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes
of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail,
paratransit, shuttle sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200
transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and
airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our
mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of
life and combat global warming. We are seeking an IT Specialist to
support the IT Department and (IT) Manager for East Bay
Paratransit. The Specialist will work with department staff,
operational personnel, and senior management, and is responsible
for the Management of the East Bay Paratransit infrastructure and
- Familiar with multiple-site operations, LAN and WAN
- Install, configure, and maintain networks, servers and
- Troubleshoot Windows 10 related software issues
- Support & Troubleshoot EBPT production software client &
- Provide strong professional customer service
- Printer, Fax, and other peripherals support and
- Consult with and advise management on operational system
- Assist in the troubleshooting of Help Desk
- Routine and emergency maintenance visits to EBPT local and our
- After-Hours/On-Call support
- Other duties as assignedQualifications:Qualifications:
- 3+ years work experience in IT environments
- Ability to work without supervision
- Learn/Support proprietary applications
- Excellent communications skills
Education & Technical Certifications Required:
- Bachelor's Degree
Education & Technical Certifications Preferred:
- Transdev will consider candidates with a bachelor's degree in
the following majors:
- MIS, Engineering, Business, Communications, Marketing, or
Liberal Arts but not mandatory.
- Technical Certifications/Expertise Preferred:
- Microsoft Server 2012 - 2019
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Ticketing Systems
- Dell Servers & Lenovo Workstations
- MiTel/ShoreTel phone systems are a plus!
- Technical Certifications/Expertise Required:
- Microsoft / MCSE / MCP
- A+ / Net+ / Cisco / HPE
- Position requires individual to be able to travel, if need be,
to Provider locations within the area.
- Individual must be willing to work in a fast-paced, high
pressure environment, at times.
- The operations of East Bay Paratransit are 24 X 7, 365, so
occasional evening or weekend work may also be required to meet
deadlines or meet support needs.
Position will also require individual to participate in a biweekly
24 hour X 7 on call rotation.
For more information please visit our website at
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work
in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to
pass a drug screen and background check Associated topics:
assistant, client support, desk, excel, help desk, msword, support,
technical support, technical support specialist, troubleshoot
Keywords: transdevna, Oakland , IT Support Specialist, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!