Company: Miller Milling Co
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionSummary:The Sanitation Supervisor is responsible
for providing operational and supervisory direction to the Utility
employees, identifying and resolving infestation issues, and
identifying and correcting chronic sanitation issues. This includes
assisting and coordinating with all operations and maintenance
functions. Be instrumental in leading plant efforts to achieve
fumigant free status. Primary Duties: Sanitation:
- Manage the day-to-day operations, safety, quality of work and
schedules for the Utility department.
- Manage and execute on all sanitation and food safety related
work orders and insure all related documentation is in order.
- Responsible for the budget of the sanitation department.
- Conduct weekly department meetings with direct reports to go
over sanitation, safety, food safety, quality, etc as it relates to
the utility department.
- Contribute to solving equipment, food safety and production
- Monitoring of insect activity in the plant and loadout tailings
and schedule follow-up activities accordingly
- Schedule treatments for infestation control (fumigations,
foggings, spraying, etc.)
- Coordinate minor repairs by the utility crew in the mill,
elevator and loadout
- Coordinate department schedule and coordinate utilities to
cover relief roles in the elevator, mill and loadout
- Maintain a solid skill base of utilities for changing rolls on
both mills efficiently and effectively
- Individual is recognized as a Qualified Individual under FSMA
compliance requirements Management
- Develop and engage employees to maximize their potential in
line with business objectives.
- Provide leadership to ensure a strong culture of accountability
where employees are committed and motivated to contribute their
ideas and efforts.
- Facilitate the creation of department goals to ensure the
achievement of plant goals.
- Responsible for overall training and development of direct
reports. Other Responsibilities:
- Perform other responsibilities as requested. Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in engineering, Agriculture business or
- 2-3 years experience in a milling environment or related food
- 2-3 years supervisory experience
- Demonstrates effective Communication Skills – written and
- Detail oriented
- Excellent problem solver
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Applications (Word,
- Willing and able to work with wheat products i.e. no wheat
/gluten sensitivityWilling and able to work in a team environment
for the success of the plant
Keywords: Miller Milling Co, Oakland , Sanitation Supervisor, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!