Senior Environmental Advisor - Large Complex Loss PM
Company: EFI Global
Posted on: September 19, 2022
The 'Apply with SEEK option' will be utilized for International
applicants, mainly Australia. If this does not apply to you please
use the 'Apply' option.IF YOU CARE, THERES A PLACE FOR YOU HEREEFI
Global is a full-service engineering, fire investigation,
environmental, health and safety, and specialty consulting services
firm serving a variety of industries in both the public and private
sectors. Over the last four decades, we have grown from a boutique
firm specializing in handling insurance fraud and arson cases and
providing expert witness testimony, into a recognized global leader
in engineering failure analysis, origin-and-cause investigations,
environmental consulting, laboratory testing and specialty
consulting. Our forensic investigation, engineering and
environmental services teams around the world share a dedication to
expertise, quality and demonstrating to customers that caring
counts. Each of our more than 700 professional engineers, fire
investigators, architects and scientists was selected for their
technical proficiency, in-depth industry knowledge and commitment
to professional integrity. Together, our diverse backgrounds and
collective insights empower clients to make better-informed
business decisions. EFIs combination of global solutions and local
expertise has earned the firm a reputation for delivering timely
responses that consistently meet our clients expectationsanytime,
anywhere. Click here to learn more about EFI Global.Seeking an
experienced Large Complex Loss Project Manager with extensive
background in forensics, insurance loss, disaster or catastrophic
loss of commercial, residential properties.Experience in at least
one of the following is a must: Asbestos, Lead, Hazardous/Regulated
Materials, PCB Management, Mold/Microbial Services, Indoor Air
Quality, etc.This hybrid/remote role must be based in California in
a larger metropolitan area with ability to travel overnight
throughout the state and requires working in a variety of
environments.PRIMARY PURPOSE: To autonomously, test, analyze,
survey, interpret, and report on information/data collected
relative to project assignments performing assignments in a timely
manner and within the financial constraints of budgetary
requirements and contractual obligations.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and
- Handles large complex insurance losses across the West. Losses
are often very time sensitive.
- CAC, LIA, CIEC and other hazardous materials consulting
- Serves as a mentor and provides general guidance to project
- Plans, develops, coordinates, implements, and directs projects
within fields of expertise.
- Interpret field data and laboratory results.
- Summarizes data from field samples and laboratory results and
writes reports relating appropriate information regarding field
data and laboratory results.
- Reviews the work output of others ensuring all work meets or
exceeds client expectations and contractual obligations.
- Meets or exceeds productivity levels as determined by
- Promotes EFI Global capabilities to expand business
opportunities with new and existing client companies; assists in
the development of business and marketing.
- Completes project tasks in accordance with standard operating
procedures assuring completed scope of work for project.
- Advises immediate supervisor of necessary deviations from
standards or scope of assignment and recommends appropriate
course(s) of action.
- Complies with company and OSHA safety programs and use of
personal protection equipment.
- Completes project tasks within established budgetary schedule
and assists in the invoice process.ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.QUALIFICATIONSEducation & Licensing
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene,
Construction Safety or a related field from an accredited college
or university preferred. Licenses as required.
- Preferred Certified Site Surveillance Technician CSST or
Certified Asbestos Consultant CAC.
- Requires current AHERA courses in California.
- Lead Sampling Technician is a plus.
- Preferred current HAZWOPER or other related environmental
- Preferred OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 construction safety training.
- Valid drivers license with clean driving history.Experience
- Eight (8) years of related and practical work experience or
equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Previous experience with Large Loss Executive General
Adjusters.Skills & Knowledge
- Possess extensive knowledge in area of expertise and knowledge
of general terms, conditions, nomenclature, and principles of
related expertise associated with the Environmental Services
industry and/or assigned area of specialty
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven management/leadership skills
- Ability to create and complete comprehensive, accurate and
constructive written reports
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance CompetenciesWORK
ENVIRONMENTWhen applicable and appropriate, consideration will be
given to reasonable accommodations.Mental: Clear and conceptual
thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem
solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related
stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and
ability to meet deadlinesPhysical:
- Travel as required
- Computer keyboarding
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of
- Must be able to kneel, squat or bend.
- Must be able to work outdoors in hot and/or cold weather
- Have the ability to climb, crawl, stoop, kneel,
- Must have continual use of manual dexterityAuditory/Visual:
Hearing, vision and talking#LI-EF1 #LI-REMOTEThe statements
contained in this document are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to
this description. They are not intended to constitute a
comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances.
Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of
the position at any time.Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and a Drug-Free Workplace
Keywords: EFI Global, Oakland , Senior Environmental Advisor - Large Complex Loss PM, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!