Senior Associate - Civic
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Are you a versatile leader that thrives on a combination of
leadership and hands-on tasks? Want to work for a firm that is
taking concrete actions towards Equity, Diversity, and
Inclusion?We're looking for an experiencedSenior Associateto join
our Civicteam in our Oakland office. We offer a robust bonus plan,
flexible hours including work-from-home and every other Friday off
options.An ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of
all phases of a project, from design to construction, as well as
leadership and mentoring of the team. This role will perform a mix
of leadership and team oversight as well as hands-on project
work.As the Senior Associate, youwill---
- Directthe project and resource planning and establishproject
timelines and budgets.
- Provideproject management and technical direction to the
project teams through all phases of projects, and havethe ability
to manage a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Developsolutions for complex design problems, including code
compliance and agency interface.
- Be responsible for project management, technical oversight, and
coordination of project activities with clients, consultants,
contractors, and staff.
- Leadthe project team during construction administration.
- Identifyand addressissues affecting project budget,
construction costs, schedule, and risk management related to the
- Prepareproject management plans and adhereto these plans.
- Effectively managethe project team to address and find
solutions for project-related issues.
- Directthe project teams for completion of project tasks
consistent with project management plans and to ensure the
completion of the project within established timelines and
- Managepotential client and consultant requested changes to
scope of work; determinecause and effect to project budget and
schedule on projects.
- Be responsible for establishing and managing new and current
- Ensurethat The Lionakis Way standards for design, quality
control, and production are followed.
- Performcomplete quality control reviews as appropriate.
- Reviewand evaluatedocuments for accuracy and coordination with
the project team.
- Be responsible for the financial management of projects
including the development and adherence to work plans, assisting
the PIC with fee development, monitoring project financial status,
developing mitigation plans when required, and managing monthly
project financial tasks.
- Developproposals and actively participatein business
- Be responsible for delegating tasks to staff as well as
coaching and supporting staff's professional development.
- Be detail-oriented, collaborative, and proactive in completing
work accurately and meeting deadlines.
- Actively participatein market/studio project manager meetings
and staffing processes.
- Manageproject team and market/studio leadership with other
duties that may be assigned.Senior Associate Qualifications - The
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or equivalent and a minimum
of 12years architectural project experience
- Licensed Architect
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational
- Prior experience with design and planning of Civic projects,
includingcounty, city, utilities,public safety
projects,courthouses, and correctional institutionsSenior
AssociateQualifications - The Like-to-Haves (Not Required)
- LEED accreditation
- Proficient with BIM/RevitCompensation DOE. We offer health
benefits, competitive paid time off, and a 401(k) matching
Keywords: Lionakis, Oakland , Senior Associate - Civic, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!