Research Associate II, Protein Synthesis, R&D
Posted on: November 22, 2022
In this position, you will help expand the applications of
cell-free technology in the biopharmaceutical industry by
supporting and executing research and development projects. The
work will involve cell-free and cellular protein synthesis
optimization, protein purification, and protein characterization
using SDS-PAGE, absorbance-based methods, and immunoassays. You'll
also work with our platform development team to improve our
platform to make a wider variety of proteins and scale-up the
cell-free protein synthesis process from the bench scale to GMP
- Design and execute experiments to screen, characterize, and
produce preparative amounts of protein therapeutic candidates.
- Perform and optimize cell-free protein expression of various
- Prepare and validate materials for cell-free protein expression
for use at the bench and pilot scale.
- Purify proteins at scales from magnetic beads to AKTA
- Characterize proteins using chromatography, absorbance-based
methods, SDS-PAGE, and immunoassays.
- Design DNA using synthetic biology-based methods.
- Perform experiments using PCR, protein and DNA electrophoresis,
Western blotting, expression, cell culture (bacterial).
- Interpret and present experimental data to colleagues and
- Prepare reagents for testing and process samples via automated
systems in accordance with the laboratory's standard operating
- Help improve and build upon our cell-free synthesis,
purification, and characterization platform to deliver new classes
of proteins, expand throughput, and increase speed.Qualifications
- Required Direct experience working with molecular cloning,
protein expression, purification, and characterization (preferably
of protein therapeutics).
- Required BS (+2 years experience) or MS (with highly-related
thesis experience), in Bioengineering, Biochemistry, Microbiology
Synthetic Biology, Biological Engineering, Biomedical Engineering,
Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, or related fields.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret, compile, and present
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based small company
environment with a drive to creatively solve problems around how to
speed up protein therapeutic development and experimental
- Availability to work full-time hours at our Oakland, CA
- High intrinsic motivation and a desire to learn new
- Direct experience with in vitro transcription-translation or
cell-free protein synthesis methods.
- Preferred Direct experience with automation and high-throughput
- Preferred Experience with cell-free protein synthesis
techniques.Our work environment is focused on treating everyone on
our team with respect, fostering a collaborative environment,
taking ownership of our work, learning new skills, and having
Keywords: Resilience, Oakland , Research Associate II, Protein Synthesis, R&D, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!