Company: International Rescue Committee
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Requisition ID: req31813
Job Title: ICM Caseworker
Sector: Social Work
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Oakland, CA USA
Job Overview: The Intensive Case Management (ICM) Caseworker will
address barriers to safety and wellness for especially vulnerable
refugees, asylees, and other ORR-eligible populations. The ICM
caseworker will be expected to provide strengths-based,
client-centered case management to single-headed refugee
households; survivors of domestic violence and gender-based
violence; older refugees; youth and young adults without parents or
permanent guardians; refugees experiencing mental health or
psychological difficulties; refugees with physical disabilities or
medical conditions; unanticipated refugee arrivals and secondary
migrants; and refugees who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual,
transgender or queer (LGBTQ). They work closely with clients,
colleagues, and external parties to develop service plans to meet
individual client needs and preferences utilizing a broad range of
financial, medical, social, vocational, and other services and
resources in accordance with client eligibility and program
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Determine client eligibility for ICM programming and conduct
intake assessments, review program expectations, outcomes, and
confidentiality with each potential client.
* Develop individualized, SMART Self-sufficiency plans for each
client enrolled in the ICM program.
* Evaluate client progress every six months during active program
enrollment to determine the client's progress towards goals and
work with the client to identify new needs and actions needed.
* Assist clients in navigating healthcare and social service
systems, which may include helping clients apply for benefits and
attend and schedule appointments.
* Conduct community outreach and maintain a strong network of
service providers that meet client needs. The ICM caseworker may
also be expected to maintain a strong relationship with local and
state level refugee coordinators and health coordinators to ensure
client needs are met.
* Provide clients with extended orientation on a variety of topics
such as women's health, navigating transportation systems, and
navigating physical healthcare systems at the local level.
* Respond to client crises, with guidance from supervisor as
* Assist clients with requesting financial assistance when
applicable and track the received financial assistance within case
* Maintain up-to-date documentation in client's case file to ensure
services are properly documented throughout the client's service
period; document all services provided in IRC's database, Efforts
to Outcomes (ETO).
* Attend relevant trainings and meetings at the local and national
* May train and lead the activities of volunteers and interns.
* Other duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Health and Wellness Coordinator
Education: Bachelor's degree in social work, public health, or
related field of study preferred.
* Minimum of 1-2 years of case management experience with similar
populations and/or client needs required.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
* Strong relationship building, diplomacy, and networking skills;
ability to effectively build internal and external
* Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a
* Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with
the proven ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
* Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
* Fluent in English required, both spoken and written; proficiency
in language(s) spoken by client group preferred.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel,
Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for
data entry, research, and problem-solving purposes.
* Valid driver's license and access to a personal, insured
* A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and
'field' time within the service delivery area to perform the above
* May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC's duty to
provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and
our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients,
and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for
interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order
to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to
building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We
strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate
that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender,
gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with
disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate
in the job application or interview process, to perform essential
job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of
benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays,
20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical
insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per
month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and
commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately
vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee
Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their
families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and
mental health struggles.
Keywords: International Rescue Committee, Oakland , ICM Caseworker, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!