Residential Youth Counselor (Swing Shift) -New Yosemite
Company: Fred Finch Youth & Family Services
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Who is Fred Finch?
Sign on Bonus $1,000 - Pay Rate: $22.00-$28.71 based on educational
background, experience, and shift.
We offer competitive Benefits package which include:
- 21 days of Paid Time Off (initially) and
- 9 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan - 6% employer match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly Flex Benefit of $150
- Qualifying Employer for Federal
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Fred Finch Degree Assistance
- Programs ($10,000 scholarships)
- Free Continuing Education Units
- Bilingual Stipends
- Supervision toward licensure
- Flexible work schedules
The Residential Youth Counselor is responsible for day-to-day care
and counseling of at-risk teens with special needs in a residential
treatment program. The Residential Youth Counselor provides high
quality care and ensures the safety of residents, staff, and site
in accordance with policy, helping to implement the
treatment/behavior plans for each resident in collaboration with an
experienced multidisciplinary team. The Residential Youth Counselor
also dispenses medications when needed, helps residents to tend to
their health and wellness, and may help residents to manage their
schedule or attend outside appointments or activities. Participants
have complex needs, and the Residential Youth Counselor builds
relationships with them and their families in a supportive
environment that utilizes a strengths-based, culturally responsive,
trauma-informed approach and values compassion, respect, diversity,
1.1. B.A. Arts/ Science Degree (preferred) or
1.2. High School Diploma/GED and one of the following:
1.3. Valid Child Development Teaching Permit or
1.4. Completed 12 semester units of Early Childhood Education,
Adolescent Development, or Foster and Kinship Care Education and
have at least 100 hours of experience work with youth or
1.5. Valid certificate as an Alcohol Counselor, Drug Counselor or
Alcohol and Drug Counselor, and have at least 100 hours of
experience working with youth or
1.6. Valid Vocational Training Certificate, credential or
documentation demonstrating that the individual is a trade
journeyperson who instructs children in vocational skills and have
at least 100 hours of experience working with youth or
1.7. Previous employment as a staff or volunteer for a minimum of
one (1) year at a group home or short-term residential therapeutic
1.8. Previous relevant experience as determined by CA's Department
of Social Services to meet any of the above requirements. Please
for more information.
1.9. New Yosemite program only: a minimum of one (1) year providing
direct care or supervision of youth.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the developmental stages of the
- Demonstrated ability to utilize de-escalation techniques that
align with the trauma informed care model as part of intervention
strategy for working with participants in crisis who are responding
to triggers/stressors and/or demonstrating early indicators of
- Demonstrated cultural responsiveness in working with diverse
families and communities.
- Clean driving record; current CA Driver's License required, or
the ability to obtain within 10 days after hired.
- Basic computer and keyboarding competence with the ability to
use Microsoft Office Suite and/or competency with electronic
clinical documentation systems.
- Four (4) years of work experience.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience with program target
population (Example: intellectually disabled, homeless, teens or
young adults, emotionally disturbed).
- A minimum of one (1) year experience with program modality
(example: school-based, residential, mobile/community- based,
assertive community treatment, wraparound, etc.
- Click here for complete job description*****
Keywords: Fred Finch Youth & Family Services, Oakland , Residential Youth Counselor (Swing Shift) -New Yosemite, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!