Teacher's Aide - Special Education ($2,000 Sign-on Bonus)
Company: Spectrum Center
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Work. With Purpose
Spectrum, a growing, dynamic organization with a social mission to
offer hope, is seeking an individual to join our family.
This individual will join an award-winning team and perform
meaningful work in a culture that welcomes innovation, encourages
creative expression and offers limitless potential for personal and
If you thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, outcome-driven
environment, seek a career with a social mission, and possess a
problem-solving mindset, a sense of humor and a stellar work ethic
we should talk.
Teacher's Aides/Instructional Aides provide individualized
supervision and instruction to assigned students and additional
support to the core classroom staff. Work with student(s) to
implement their Individualized Education Programs (IEP) utilizing
group and individual instruction in the classroom and community.
The duties include but are not limited to training students in the
following domains: community, vocational, leisure, domestic,
academic, and social skills.
- Implements curriculum (including all on-site and
community-based instruction) and behavioral intervention strategies
consistent with the letter and intent of the IEP/ITP (Individual
Transition Plan)/PBIP (Positive Behavior Intervention Plan) to meet
each student's goals and objectives.
- Performs job coaching duties as assigned, by assisting in the
training of students, on campus or at community job sites in
appropriate work behavior and specific employment skills.
- Completes accurate and timely documentation on student's
behavior as outlined by school procedures; reports observations to
relevant staff and makes recommendations based on
- Assists in preparation of other behavioral reports and daily
activities log as required. Maintains confidentiality of student
information and records at all times.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and apply concepts of basic math.
Working knowledge of computer software applications such as
Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- BA, AA w/60 college credits or HS Diploma or equivalent with
passage of basic skills test.
- Comfortable driving and/or riding on the van with students
before/after school.Full Time Employees are Eligible for the
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits
- School hours and school holiday schedule
- Life insurance
- 401k with matching funds
- Employee discountsJoin the Spectrum Family! - YouTube
The ChanceLight Story.
- Legally authorized to work in the United StatesPreferred
Keywords: Spectrum Center, Oakland , Teacher's Aide - Special Education ($2,000 Sign-on Bonus), Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!