Company: International Rescue Committee
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Requisition ID: req36754Job Title: Casework AssistantSector:
Social WorkEmployment Category: OccasionalEmployment Type:
Part-TimeOpen to Expatriates: No
Location: Oakland, CA USA
Job DescriptionBackground/IRC Summary: The mission of the
International Rescue Committee (IRC) is to help people whose lives
and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive,
recover and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933, the IRC
has 25 offices in the United States and a presence in over 40
countries. Job Overview/Summary: The Casework Assistant provides
direct support to the resettlement team to facilitate the
resettlement of newly arrived refugees. Major Responsibilities:
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the resettlement team in the provision of core
services such as purchasing household supplies and furniture,
household set-up, orientation, purchasing supplies, providing
transportation, airport pick-ups and related activities that
support the client resettlement process.
- Supporting the resettlement team's efforts to link clients with
appropriate educational, health and social services.
- Assisting with the timely completion of client records,
documentation, and case files.
- Providing language assistance (interpreting) when requested, if
- Other duties as needed.Key Working Relationships: Position
Reports to: Resettlement CoordinatorPosition directly supervises:
n/aIndirect Reporting: Resettlement Manager
Other Internal and/or external contacts: n/a Job Requirements:
- The skills and knowledge typically acquired through the
equivalent of up to one year of combined job related training and
experience. Ideally, a significant portion of this experience will
have been gained in social services, humanitarian relief, public
service, or other not-for profit environment.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written;
- Fluency in other languages predominant of the local client
base, and ability to provide interpreting in these languages,
- Detail oriented with the proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel,
- Valid driver's license, reliable vehicle with current
insurance, and the ability to travel regularly throughout the
service delivery area (escorting clients and other activities
related to client resettlement needs).Working Environment: Standard
office work environment, with visits to local social service
agencies, retail establishments, client housing and other locations
Apply NowShare Save Job
Keywords: International Rescue Committee, Oakland , Casework Assistant, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!