Supervisor, EGI Operations (Flexible Location)
Company: PG&E Corporation
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Requisition ID -# 144638 - -Job Category: Project / Program
Management -Job Level: SupervisorBusiness Unit: Electric
EngineeringWork Type: HybridJob Location: Oakland - - - -Department
Overview:The team of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of
clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy to nearly 16 million
people in Northern and Central California. Electric Operations is
responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution
and transmission operations, including planning, engineering,
maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning,
restoration and emergency response. -Position Summary:The Electric
Generation Interconnection operations leadership oversees all
aspects of the connection of renewable power generation sources
into PG&E's transmission and/or distribution systems. Types of
renewable generators may include FERC jurisdictional wholesalers or
CPUC jurisdictional retail customers such as commercial or
residential. The incumbents develop and manage the operations
processes and strategies, while ensuring understanding and
compliance will all related regulations/tariffs, which may vary
based on the type of generator, renewable power type or
transmission vs. distribution connection. The leaders ensure staff
understand and adheres to all company and regulatory safety
practices and guidelines. May requires some travel, approximately
20% of the time. -PG&E is providing the salary range that the
company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at
the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to
the locality of the job. - The actual salary paid to an individual
will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to,
specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience,
market value, geographic location, and internal equity. - -We would
not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would land
at or near the top half of the range described below, but the
decision will be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each
case.--- -Minimum Base Salary (Bay Area)$114,000.00Maximum Base
Salary (Bay Area)$182,000.00&/OR Minimum Base Salary
(California)$108,000.00Maximum Base Salary (California)$173,000.00
- -Job Responsibilities:
- Oversees the day-to-day EGI operations processes and activities
to ensure successful, timely contract execution and interconnection
project completion. Provides work direction and prioritization to
- Leads staff in client application processing, data entry,
tracking and partnering with other departments involved in the
process and communicating project status to client.
- Monitors team members' project portfolios for timeliness and
adherence to process and tariffs. Assists staff in handling project
issues such as milestone completions, cost variances,
customer/client concerns. Provides business partners with workload
- Monitors project portfolio status. Prepares regular reports and
presents to Manager. Investigates and addresses issues. Proposes
actions plans to resolve. Escalates complex or sensitive issues to
manager for resolution.
- Ensures good customer relations and satisfaction while seeking
opportunities for improvement.
- Regularly assesses team resource needs. Ensures staff has
necessary resources. May develop and present proposals to Manager
to gain buy in on additional.
- resources or changes.
- Collaborates with peers in new tools/technology needs analysis,
design and/or rollout/implementation.
- Partners with managers and other supervisors on continuous
process improvement efforts. Examines and documents processes,
explores opportunities for improved efficiencies and may oversee
implementation and communication of process changes.
- May represent EGI at internal or external meetings by
delivering presentations on relevant interconnection topics.
- Keeps abreast of development in applicable regulatory tariffs
and ensures staff maintains tariff knowledge. May partner with
other departments/peers in other lines of business regarding
process and/or regulatory interpretation issues.
- May be involved in large project five-year refund process,
partnering with the supervisor over EGI accounting/financials.
- Supervises staff to accomplish results through effective
recruitment & selection, training & development, performance
- management, and rewards & recognition.
- Direct reports may include analysts, specialists, project
coordinators, clerks, and representatives. May include bargaining
and/or non-bargaining unit -employees. - -Qualifications: -Minimum
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or related
field or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years total related work experience. -Desired qualifications:
- Regulatory or legal background
- Leadership experience - 2+ years preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in a customer/client facing role.
- Project management experience.
- Working knowledge of electric utility construction standards,
practices, policies and regulatory requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory requirements related to the
interconnection of renewable power into the transmission and
- Basic knowledge of electric utility engineering, reliability
and capacity planning concepts.
- Knowledge and skills in project and process management
concepts, methods and practices.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good interpersonal, communication and influence skills to
effectively partner with internal and external contacts.
- Adaptability to effectively adjust plans and reprioritize in a
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills -
Keywords: PG&E Corporation, Oakland , Supervisor, EGI Operations (Flexible Location), Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!