Data Reporting and Analytics Consultant IV, Programming - SAS, R, Python
Company: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center
Posted on: March 17, 2023
In addition to the responsibilities listed below, this position is
also responsible for overseeing all phases of data management,
quality control, and reporting; programming in analytical
programming languages (may include SAS, SQL, SPSS, R, Python,
etc.); taking lead role in analyzing and implementing data
management, quality control, and reporting needs on
multi-programmer projects; and troubleshooting complicated software
processes and products.
This position is also responsible for designing complicated
automated reporting and data loading solutions; testing data
conversions and data integrity from a wide variety of sources
across platforms; developing complicated macros for various
research and reporting purposes; designing comprehensive quality
checking and validation process; and developing and evaluate
complicated data linkage process.
This position may supervise the work of lower level team members
serving on the same project.
- Practices self-development and promotes learning in others by
proactively providing information, resources, advice, and expertise
with coworkers and customers; building relationships with
cross-functional stakeholders; influencing others through technical
explanations and examples; adapting to competing demands and new
responsibilities; listening and responding to, seeking, and
addressing performance feedback; providing feedback to others;
creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and develop
weaknesses; supporting team collaboration; and adapting to and
learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Completes work assignments and supports business-specific
projects by applying expertise in subject area; supporting the
development of work plans to meet business priorities and
deadlines; ensuring team follows all procedures and policies;
coordinating resources to accomplish priorities and deadlines;
collaborating cross-functionally to make effective business
decisions; solving complex problems; escalating high priority
issues or risks as appropriate; and recognizing and capitalizing on
- Executes creative data analytic approaches leading to
actionable outcomes by defining and calculating metrics to be
analyzed; defining, calculating, and validating algorithms; and
conducting analyses, including descriptive, correlational,
inferential, and/or predictive statistics.
- Develops, implements, and automates business and reporting
solutions by working with stakeholders in their design, planning,
and implementation while ensuring consistency and coherency;
evaluating and summarizing data and results; creating summary
statistics; developing data reports, visualizations, and/or
interactive Business Intelligence (BI) reports; reporting to
stakeholders on key findings; identifying needs for the development
and implementation of additional reporting solutions; and preparing
documentation as appropriate.
- Interprets data analyses by applying findings to contextual
settings; and developing insights, reports, and presentations
telling a compelling story to stakeholders to enable and influence
decision making; and providing context related to data
interpretations and/or limitations as appropriate.
- Drives strategic data-informed decisions by consulting with
clients to identify and clarify key business needs; developing
outcomes and process measures; translating business requirements;
determining data/information needs and data collection methods;
developing analysis plans; measuring the impact of business
decisions on clients, customers, and/or members; working with
clients and staff to identify opportunities and methods to improve
efficiencies with analysis; supporting and training end-users; and
documenting processes and deliverables.
- Gathers data and information on targeted variables in an
established systematic fashion by validating data sources;
querying, merging, and extracting data across sources; completing
routine data refresh and update; developing and/or delivering tools
for electronic data collection; and providing user training,
support, and documentation.
- Develops analytical and/or statistical models enabling informed
business decisions by determining data and analytical requirements;
creating models leading to actionable insights; and testing,
refining, and validating models.
- Prepares data for analytic efforts by integrating and
consolidating data; ensuring data quality and accuracy; profiling
data inaccuracies and recommending process improvements or system
changes to enhance overall quality of the data; and cleaning and
creating final data set(s) for analysis.
- Minimum four (4) years data management experience with SAS,
SQL, R or other similar analytical programming language.
- Minimum five (5) years experience programming with SAS, SQL, R
or other similar analytical programming language.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a leadership role with or
without direct reports.
- Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering,
Social/Physical/Life Science, Business, or related field and
Minimum five (5) years experience in data analytics or a directly
related field. Additional equivalent work experience in a directly
related field may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Three (3) years experience working with data visualization
- Three (3) years experience working with SAS.
- Three (3) years experience working with SQL.
- One (1) year health care experience.
- Three (3) years experience working with data extraction and
- Three (3) years experience working with Enterprise Guide.
- Three (3) years experience developing and programming with SAS
- Three (3) years experience programming in SQL.
- Three (3) years experience developing in Tableau.
- Two (2) years project management experience.
- Two (2) years experience delivering presentations to
- Three (3) years relational database experience.
- Two (2) years experience in process improvement.
- Masters degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering,
Social/Physical/Life Science, Business, or related field.
- Accredited Process Improvement Certification.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center, Oakland , Data Reporting and Analytics Consultant IV, Programming - SAS, R, Python, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...