Expert IT Systems Engineer-Hybrid
Company: GTT, LLC
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Expert IT Systems Engineer-Hybrid
- Duration 24 Months
- Pay Rate upto $112/Hr
- Client supports the Gas and Electric Control Centers by
improving service quality, increasing capabilities through the
development of additional functionality, implementing new
technology, reducing costs, increasing productivity, and
facilitating organizational and business e ectiveness through
- The DERMS IT System Engineer's role is to ensure the stability,
integrity, and efficient operation of IT systems.
- This is achieved by developing, designing, and supporting
in-house developed applications, off-the-shelf software, servers,
databases, and/or networks.
- The System Engineer identifies, communicates, and resolves
issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems
- The client is providing the salary range that the company in
good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of
the job posting.
- This compensation range is specific to the locality of the
- The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on
multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills,
education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value,
geographic location, and internal equity.
- The client would not anticipate that the individual hired into
this role would land at or near the top half of the range described
below, but the decision will be dependent on the facts and
circumstances of each case.
- This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and
your assigned location based on business needs.
- Expert IT Systems Engineer Provide primary technical support
for all in-house environments with supported application
- Provide IT hand-holding support, and technical expertise to
infrastructure Build, cybersecurity & application Test teams as
different activities are moved among environments.
- Manage and deploy vendor application updates (patches,
hotfixes) and coordinate with internal teams for OS updates on all
environments taking into consideration different ongoing
- Expert IT Systems Engineer Manage and support data refresh and
application configurations for different environments
- Receive and track reports of application incidents, and support
users throughout the triage and resolution process
- Participate in product testing to validate product integrity,
usability, performance, and reliability and detect potential user
issues, identify potential solutions, and make recommendations for
- Update process documentation - ensure documentation of the
entire environment is current.
- Support new Customer owned DER integration methods (2030.5,
OpenADR, OCPP, REST API among others).
- Validate DNP3 and ICCP data points that should be visualized at
DERMS and ADMS.
- Operates/Maintains system integrations - DERMS Exporter /
Weather API / GIS API / ADMS API / Apigee Gateway / ESFT
- Expert IT Systems Engineer Supports Operational process
automation and SLA management
- Design and deploy new systems and enhancements to existing
systems ensuring compatibility and interoperability.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems;
develop and implement strategies for improving or further
leveraging these systems.
- Work with leadership, decision-makers, and stakeholders to
define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and
resolve business systems issues.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Business, or equivalent
- 5 years of programming analysis experience.
- At least 1-2 years of Electric utility background (distribution
or transmission systems preferred)
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
with the ability to work in a collaborative environment and
interact with all levels of management within the Business, and IT
groups besides the application Vendor
- Strong technical acumen with the ability to understand
different distribution management applications and DER functions
- Awareness and good familiarity with tools/applications
regularly used by electric distribution or transmission system
Operators, Operating Engineers, and Planning Engineers such as
SCADA, Outage Management Systems (OMS), Distribution Management
Systems (DMS), Power Flow modeling tools (e.g., CYME), Geographic
Information System (GIS), operational data historian (e.g., OSISoft
- Familiar with Hybrid Cloud environments - AWS or Azure Cloud /
IPSec VPN / ExpressRoute / Windows Server Virtual Machine
- Familiar with Utility applications and APIs - ADMS / GIS /
Network Model / REST API / Application Gateway (Apigee) /
- Basic knowledge of DER (Distributed Energy Resource)
communications - IEEE 2030.5, CSIP 2.1
- PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) - Device certificate
- Ability to be creative, versatile, efficient, and productive in
the face of ambiguity
- Strong problem-determination and analytical skills to enhance
large and interrelated systems.
- Hands-on experience in developing Web/Windows applications and
Database Systems, SQL, Oracle.
- Experience working in Agile / Scrum environment.
- The client is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and
hires a diverse workforce.
About The Company:
- Our client, incorporated in 1905, is one of the largest
combined natural gas and electric energy companies in the United
States. Their primary business is the transmission and delivery of
energy such as natural gas and electric service to approximately 16
million people throughout a 70,000-square-mile service area. They
serve residential, commercial, industrial, and agricultural
customers, as well as natural gas-fired electric generation
- What's it like on this company's team? There's a strong sense
of family here - an open and welcoming environment that's filled
with smiling faces and plenty of opportunities. When you join this
company, you'll become part of a stable company with deep roots in
the communities we serve. And you'll Client an unwavering
commitment to the work we do.
Keywords: GTT, LLC, Oakland , Expert IT Systems Engineer-Hybrid, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...