Sr. CEQA/NEPA Environmental Practice Leader
Company: GEI Consultants Inc
Posted on: September 13, 2018
GEI Consultants, Inc. is a leading consulting engineering and environmental firm ranked #92 in the ENR top 500 (2018). We serve hundreds of government, energy, industry and institutional clients, and have completed 50,000 project engagements throughout the United States, Canada, and more than 20 other countries.
GEI, a privately held employee owned company, was founded nearly 50 years ago by five engineering pioneers. GEI now consists of over 800 employees in multiple offices throughout the U.S. and Canada. Our technical experts are involved in dozens of specialty services emanating from our core solutions in water, energy, buildings, infrastructure and industrial. Our technical experts are some of the most innovative and leading subject matter experts in their respective fields. We continue to grow and expand in our solutions, expertise and geography to ensure we can continue providing valuable solutions to our clients.
Our culture is one where we encourage employees to respectfully and thoughtfully challenge current practices for continual improvement. We believe this constructive engagement helps us evolve in an ever-changing business environment and will strengthen our organization in the future. Our practices reflect our commitment to a collaborative teaming approach, encouraging diverse perspectives which lead to innovation and value added solutions that fuel our success. Our committed employees work hard for our clients and in support of one another. In return we invest in a culture with engaging learning and career development opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, recognition, and the opportunity for some fun along the way.
GEI has an outstanding senior-level environmental opportunity in Sacramento or Oakland to help lead and support our growing environmental practice in California. The position involves winning and executing work on projects throughout California but especially in the Central Valley and/or Bay Area. The position has tremendous short- and long-term growth opportunities for your career within GEI, including potential executive-level appointments and stock ownership. You will work collaboratively with clients and GEI s other leaders and experts in the environmental and engineering fields, primarily on water and energy projects for private and public clients, especially water supply and flood districts. As part of our multidisciplinary project teams, you will have an important role winning, leading, and managing projects; interfacing with existing and new clients to ensure their environmental compliance needs are met; overseeing environmental analyses in CEQA, NEPA, and other technical documents; and working as part of our team to solve an array of water and environmental issues critical to California s environmental, water, and energy landscape. The position matches GEI s focus, which is to (1) maximize the need to effectively meet the needs of our clients by delivering high-quality work products and other services, and (2) minimize administrative activities so technical leaders can better serve clients. The position is regular, full-time.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Win, lead, plan, and manage multi-objective and environmental compliance projects throughout northern and central California focused in the Central Valley and/or Bay Area.
- Serve as project director, senior project manager, and/or environmental task leader on water, natural resources, and energy projects requiring environmental compliance work.
- Oversee preparation of technical analyses and report sections for NEPA, CEQA, and other environmental documents to comply with state and federal regulations for projects involving water conservation, groundwater banking, water supply development, water infrastructure, water transfers, dams and canals, pipelines, flood control planning and infrastructure, hydroelectric development, natural resources management, and ecosystem restoration.
- Identify, evaluate, and solve complex environmental compliance and regulatory issues facing our clients.
- As part of integrated teams, work closely and collaboratively with other project environmental specialists, engineers, planners, project managers, and project directors to execute projects effectively and efficiently.
- Strategically identify new leads for environmental work; plan, lead, manage, and prepare proposals and statements of qualification to obtain new work; lead interviews; win competitive work; maintain strong client relationships to obtain sole source work; and participate in regional/office planning and initiatives to implement key growth initiatives, expand environmental services, and effectively serve existing and new clients.
- Help lead environmental practice, and supervise and mentor staff.
- BA, BS, MA, MS, or Ph.D. in Environmental Studies, Environmental or Biological Sciences, Urban Planning, Geography, or other natural or physical sciences from an accredited college or university.
- At least 15 years of relevant experience with increasing responsibilities for winning, managing, and executing environmental projects in California.
- Knowledge and strategic expertise identifying, evaluating, and solving environmental compliance and regulatory issues related to water resources, natural resources, and energy projects in California.
- Experience strategically planning, leading, managing, and preparing environmental documents.
- Experience strategically planning, leading, managing, and preparing proposals, statements of qualifications, and other marketing materials to obtain new work.
- Outstanding problem-solving, organization, coordination, writing, people, and verbal communication skills; solid work ethic; and ability to work independently and as part of multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong reputation for high-quality work products and regulatory problem solving within the industry (environmental, engineering, and legal).
- Strong relationships with existing and potential clients and teaming partners in the water, natural resources, and/or energy market sectors.
- Market-Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Program, including Medical, Dental, Vision and More
- Continuing Education Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development and Opportunities for Advancement
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Rewards and Recognition
- GEI-Funded Profit Sharing and 401(k)
- And More---
Physical Job Requirements
Activity Level Throughout Workday Physical Activity Requirements
(0-35% of day)
(33-66% of day)
(67-100% of day)
Not Applicable Sitting
(6-8 hrs) Standing
(0-1 hrs) Walking
(0-1 hrs) ClimbingX
Lifting (floor to waist level) (in pounds)
(0-10 lbs) Lifting (waist level and above) (in pounds)
(0-10 lbs) Carrying objects
(0-1 hrs) Push/pullX Twisting
(0-1 hrs) Bending
(0-1 hrs) Reaching forward
(0-1 hrs) Reaching overhead
(0-1 hrs) Squat/kneel/crawlX
Wrist position deviation
(3-5 hrs) Pinching/fine motor skills
(1-2 hrs) Keyboard use/repetitive motion
(6-8 hrs) Taste or smell (taste=never)
(0-1 hrs) Talk or hear
(3-5 hrs) Accurate 20/40
Very Accurate 20/20
Not Applicable Near Vision
X Far Vision
Not Applicable Color Vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
X Sensory Requirements
Not Applicable Depth perceptionX HearingX
Environmental Requirements Occupational Exposure Risk Potential
Blood borne pathogens
X Airborne communicable diseases
X Extreme temperatures
X Uneven surfaces or elevations
X Extreme noise levels
X Dust/particular matter
Other (exposure risk):
Usual workday hours:
Other work hours
GEI is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability employer
Keywords: GEI Consultants Inc, Oakland , Sr. CEQA/NEPA Environmental Practice Leader, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!