Quantitative Program Associate
Company: Resource Development Associates
Posted on: December 8, 2018
RDA is a mission driven 30 year old consulting firm and our commitment to social justice permeates every aspect of our work. We provide consultation to city, county, and state agencies and non-profit organizations through the provision of planning, evaluation, resource and organizational development, data analysis, facilitation, and training and technical support. RDA takes a systems level approach to creating change in the public safety net system to strengthen its ability to serve the most in need and our efforts are aimed at addressing persistent social, health and economic problems of populations served by public agencies. Learn more about our mission, services, and strengths-based approach to our work at . RDA is seeking a highly-motivated individual with strong quantitative and qualitative analytical research and writing skills, who has a commitment to social and economic justice. Program Associates work as members of project teams on a wide variety of issues including but not limited evaluations, planning projects, and grant writing, and the ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in these areas. The Program Associate position is a mid-level position and can lead to other levels of employment.
- Coordinate with city, county, and non-profit organizations in order to obtain data
- Obtain, organize, code, clean and analyze large N datasets
- Review datasets to ensure understanding of data structure and meaning, and to clarify assumptions, outcomes and findings
- Develop a data analysis plan, outlining research methodology, analytical questions, sampling and testing information
- Prepare and conduct quality review of report charts and graphs to ensure completeness, accuracy and relevance
- Conduct research on best practices and prepare literature reviews
- Prepare written submissions in response to requests for proposals
- Finalize data collection tools and map them against the evaluation plan
- Organize and conduct focus groups and key informant interviews
- Facilitate meetings, workshops, and conferences on behalf of RDA
- Work directly with RDA clients and provide support and maintain a positive relationship
- Prepare PowerPoints and other materials for presentation at internal and external meetings
- Work as a team member with other staff on multiple projects and efforts
- Draft and finalize evaluation reports, strategic plans, grants and needs assessments.
- Master's degree or Ph.D. preferred
- Three years work experience in governmental or non-profit organizations
- Familiarity with policies and/or regulations that impact the public safety net system.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, SPSS, and/or Stata
- Excellent communication skills including verbal and written
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
Strong attention to detail and time management skills - Demonstrated experience in being a quick learner and self-directed - Multilingual skills desirable - Experience working with culturally and ethnically diverse communities - Display professionalism in the workplace and the field, and manage confidential data
- 100% RDA sponsored health / dental / vision insurance
- RDA sponsored long & short-term disability Insurance
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for medical, dependent care, and transit and parking expenses
- Generous vacation and sick leave
- RDA sponsored life and AD&D insurance
- 401k, with RDA discretionary match after 2 years : Please send cover letter, resume, three references, and a writing sample to . This job will remain open until filled. No phone calls please. RDA appreciates each application it receives, but due the volume of responses for positions at RDA, only candidates who best fit the needs of the organization will be contacted. As an equal opportunity employer, RDA is committed to equity and inclusion. Candidates from all backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply. RDA is a mission-driven consulting firm. Our commitment to social and economic justice permeates every aspect of our work. We believe that government, when partnered with community based organizations and consumers of service, can and does improve the lives of individuals, families, and communities. Our goal is to work with our clients and their communities to help them articulate, design, fund, implement, and evaluate their own best ideas.
Keywords: Resource Development Associates, Oakland , Quantitative Program Associate, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!