Cashier (Operations Department)
Company: East Bay Zoological Society
Posted on: December 9, 2018
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for accurately taking admission, parking and ride fees into a cash register. Must maintain great customer service as expected by the Oakland Zoo. Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Using customer service skills, greet each customer providing a friendly environment, by smiling and acknowledging their presence. Enter correct admission, parking and ride fees into cash register with accuracy and give correct change to customer and always with their receipt. . Be aware of all coupon promotions and check expiration dates. Ensure each customer is help in a timely manner. Maintain a clean and orderly work area. When maximum amount of money is collected, do drops as necessary. Request a 20 from security before coming to the classroom to cash out at end of the day. Demonstrates superior customer service with customers, both internal (i.e. co-workers) and external (vendors, visitors, customers, etc). Demonstrates knowledge of, and supports, the East Bay Zoological Society's mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of behavior. Performs other related duties as required and assigned. QUALIFICATIONS: 1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Ability to read, count and write accurately.
- Must be able to communicate with customers, co-workers and management.
- Basic math skills.
- Must be flexible with work schedule.
- Basic computer skills needed. 2) Minimum educational level:
- Enrolled in high school or college
- GED or equivalent 3) Experience required:
- Cash handling experience preferred.
- Previous customer service experience helpful.
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel, walk, bend, stoop and speak regularly and for long periods of time.
- Prior sales experience helpful. DISCLAIMER Please note that this job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed the people or person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of the personnel for this position. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant, and personnel may be required to perform duties beyond this list or outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time or as needed. TO APPLY: Email your resume and cover letter to you choose to apply via email, please remember to put the title of the position in your subject -- failure to do so may result in your application not being seen/forwarded to the correct party for review.You may also download an application by going to our website (under "Employment", where you will be able to print out a blank copy of our application form. You can then mail your completed applications to the address provided in application or FAX your application and resume to (attn: HR).In addition, you may pick up an Employment Application at the parking booth/main entrance (Golf Links Road) to the Zoo. You may simply return your completed application, along with your resume, etc., back to the Main Gate or to the Zoo's Human Resources office. Please, no phone calls! We apologize, but due to the heavy volume of applications, only those applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Do not call to follow up on the status of your application. APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Open untilled filled The Oakland Zoo was founded in 1922 by naturalist Henry A. Snow. In 1936, Henry's son Sidney established the non-profit organization East Bay Zoological Society, which was originally known as the Alameda County Botanical and Zoological Society. The East Bay Zoological Society has been operating and managing the Zoo as a non-profit organization for the City of Oakland since 1982.
Keywords: East Bay Zoological Society, Oakland , Cashier (Operations Department), Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!