Facilities and Real Estate Coordinator
Company: Aspire Public Schools
Posted on: January 14, 2019
The -Facilities and Real Estate Coordinator plays a key role in the facility management and maintenance in support of Aspire Public Schools' mission. Reporting to the Facilities Project Manager, the -Facilities and Real Estate Coordinator works with individual school sites to execute the organization's facility maintenance priorities and provide expertise to school staff related to facility maintenance and asset preservation. Additionally, this role provides support with project management,communicate across constituencies, and ensure resources are used most effectively. -Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides expertise to Business/Building Manger related to facility management, maintenance and operations.
- Assists in management of contracts for services and project contractors
- Works with school sites to develop facility needs
- Assists/develops project scope of work
- Identifies and requests quotes from contractors
- Monitors work progression against scope of work
- Evaluates space usage/requests and recommends operating or capital projects to meet School needs
- Assembles, evaluates, and presents operating and maintenance trends to the Facilities Project Manager and other home office or regional office leaders
- Provides responsive, high quality service to school leadership by providing accurate, complete and up-to-date information, in a courteous, efficient and timely manner.
- Meets with representatives from schools to determine facility infrastructure or operating needs
- Analyzes facility utility data, recommends life cycle replacement or green initiatives/solutions when appropriate
- Assists in the coordination of reviews of facilities for condition assessment, utilization, layout effectiveness, and equipment usage; makes recommendation based on analysis.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Qualifications:1. Required Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple Building Maintenance projects concurrently
- Proven track record of handling Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing repair and maintenance work in commercial buildings.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management, organizational, and budgeting skills
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Facility maintenance and operations required; within K-12 education is desirable.
- Ability to work independently and with teammates as needed
- Attention to detail and an ability to work with sense of urgency
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook required
- Demonstrates integrity, credibility, and an unwavering commitment to Aspire's mission
-2. -Minimal Education Level
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or
- Equivalent Facility Management/Maintenance Management experience
3. Experience Required
- 4 years work experience in facilities/property management or related experience preferred
- Experience working with school site facilities/facilities maintenance preferred
- Experience working in dynamic, high-performing environments
- Experience or strong interest in K-12 public education
Compensation:Aspire offers its employees a competitive salary and benefits, including paid time off, 100% core health benefits coverage with select plans, life insurance/long-term disability, participation in a CA or TN state retirement plan, tuition reimbursement plan, and adoption assistance program.Aspire Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Aspire promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
Keywords: Aspire Public Schools, Oakland , Facilities and Real Estate Coordinator, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!