R&P; Casework Supervisor
Company: International Rescue Committee
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Job Description:IRC Background:Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. The IRC is on the ground in more than 40 countries, providing emergency relief, relocating refugees and rebuilding lives in the wake of disaster. Through 24 regional offices in cities across the United States, the IRC helps refugees resettle and become self-sufficient. The IRC has been resettling refugees in Bay Area, California, for over 40 years, providing reception and placement services to newly arrived refugees. The offices of San Jose and Oakland resettle between 200-350 refugees per year and provide numerous supplemental programs to assist refugees and IRC clients from their arrival and beyond.Job Overview: The R&P Casework Supervisor is responsible for providing guidance, and supervision for Oakland and San Jose offices for Reception & Placement services and for maintaining and enhancing the standard of direct services related to refugee resettlement. This position oversees quality control for both service provision and contractual compliance. The Casework Supervisor is specifically responsible for supervising the direct service team and overseeing the Reception and Placement program. This includes overseeing case arrivals and the provision of core services within required timeframes, maintaining program compliance, coordinating case file reviews, completing program reports, coordinating AORs, and overseeing the distribution and reconciliation of client funds. The Casework Supervisor also participates, as required, in program planning and staff development through coordinating local training, onboarding new staff, conducting annual performance evaluations, and participating in community partnerships. The Casework Supervisor has direct service responsibilities in addition to supervisor responsibilities.This position can be based in either San Jose or Oakland, California.Major Responsibilities:Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:Program Oversight
- Supervise program staff to ensure that all core services can be provided including Cultural Orientation, health screens, enrollment in benefits, enrollment in schooling, family budgets and referral to job placement programming and English as an Other Language service;
- Ensure clients are placed in permanent housing as efficiently as possible. Ensure housing procedures are followed per PRM and IRC guidance;
- Ensure use of Soft Landing, Airbnb, Immanuel House and HOME teams are utilized as much as possible to offset housing costs. Track use of funds;
- Conduct regular and timely case file reviews with team members;
- Provide oversight of compliance issues of various donor requirements through on-going review of direct service provision in coordination with Site Leads;
- Ensure compliance with case files management and reporting requirements;
- Oversee allocations and complete assurances;
- Oversee Minor cases;
- Complete AORs and conduct AOR outreach or ensure these are completed by team members;
- Provide data to Site Lead for any programmatic reports;
- Ensure compliance with case file management and reporting requirements;
- Meet with clients, as appropriate to overcome barriers to self-sufficiency and other compliance issues pertaining to client obligations. Support client grievance when appropriate;
- Oversee R&P spending, flex funds, and required funds distribution. Reconcile spending; and
- Responsive to leadership for Oakland and San Jose offices on R & P activities and participate in overall office planning representing R & P activities.Supervision
- Meet regularly (once or more times a week remotely and in person) with R & P staff to assign duties and ensure that tasks are covered;
- Coordinate team direct service meetings;
- Supervise direct service staff,Interpreters and Casework Assistants, including recruitment, onboarding, and oversight which includes onboarding, training and support of new hires, performance evaluations, and related HR tasks; and
- Approve timesheets and overtime.Community Engagement
- Work with team members to utilize referral systems for participants to access outside services;
- Work with volunteer coordinator to establish volunteer opportunities related to case management; and
- Represent R&P in internal and external meetings when requested by Site Leads.Direct Service
- Conduct pre-arrival services (locating and securing suitable housing, purchasing housing essentials, furniture and basic food supplies, setting up utilities etc.);
- Providing individualized and group orientations and supporting clients through social service referrals, medical access and advocacy services by assessing and evaluating each client s distinct needs;
- Independently developing reasonable resettlement and/or self-sufficiency plans and timelines for each client and managing client expectations;
- Support client with direct assistance distribution and tracking;
- Ensure that clients are provided the basic tools necessary to meet their established short-term goals and objectives;
- Assess and monitor client progress at regular intervals to ensure progress on goals is made; designated resources are maximized; modifying initial resettlement plans and other case file documents as required;
- Complete all necessary data entry and filing in hard-copy case files and databases.Key Working Relationships:Position Reports to:Oakland Site Manager(with temporary initial reporting to San Jose Site Manager)Position directly supervises:R&P Caseworkers, Interpreters, Casework Assistants, interns/volunteersIndirect Reporting:San Jose Site Manager Internal:IRC Employees and program departments across Oakland and San Jose, HQ Resettlement TeamExternal:IRC partners, DHA, RHC, and other community agenciesJob Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree with an emphasis in Social Work or an equivalent field of study.
- Three to four years of relevant work experience. A significant portion of this experience should include responsibilities in social services, humanitarian relief, public service, or other not-for-profit environment.
- 1- 2 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- A demonstrated record of increasingly responsible roles in a mission and outcome driven environment.
- Highly organized self-starter with proven success managing multiple priorities, making critical decisions and delivering results in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated success achieving goals and communicating effectively a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; bilingual ability in one of the predominant languages of the local client base preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Valid driver s license, reliable vehicle with current insurance, and the ability to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area.Working Environment:
- Position can be based either the Oakland or San Jose office with about 33% travel between both offices.
- A combination of standard office environment and field time in and around the service delivery area.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Keywords: International Rescue Committee, Oakland , R&P; Casework Supervisor, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!