Company: TEC Equipment
Posted on: May 18, 2019
TEC Equipment is the West's leading full-service, heavy-duty truck
and trailer dealership, with over 1,200 employees in 26 locations
in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, and Arizona. Since our
humble beginnings in 1976, we continue to be family-owned and
operated. Click Here to Learn More About TEC Equipment.
We are seeking a full-time Service Advisor for our Oakland, CA
location. In this role, you will serve as the liaison between our
customers and technicians, utilizing your strong technical
background to facilitate the proper and timely repair of heavy duty
trucks. In addition you will:
* Greet customers & welcome them warmly to our shop
* Open, manage, and ensure efficient work flow and completion of
work orders. This includes but is not limited to:
* Documenting customer vehicle problems
* Performing vehicle inspections
* Providing written cost and time estimates for labor and parts
* Contacting customers regarding any changes in the estimate or
promised time and obtaining authorizations
* Reviewing work orders to ensure that work is completed
* Explaining completed work and all charges to customers.
* Advise customers on the care of their vehicles and the value of
maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturer's
* Recommend, sell, and schedule needed service work.
* Maintain consistent communication and provide support to
customers and internal team (e.g. service foreman, service
coordinator, technicians, and other departments).
* Place and manage supply orders.
Our benefits include:
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
* Life, Accident, and Disability Insurance
* Healthcare and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
* 401K Retirement Savings Plan with a Company Contribution
* Paid Time Off
* Uniforms and Cleaning Service
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Length of Service Recognition Program
* Referral Bonus Program
* Paid CDL Medical Recertification Fee
* Steel-Toed Boot Program
* 24/7 Virtual Doctor Visits
* Tobacco Free Program
* Desire to provide superior customer service; ability to
demonstrate empathy; excellent communication skills, oral and
* Ability to multitask within a busy department, performing work
with a high level of attention to detail, professionalism, and
* Proficient with computer programs (e.g. MS Office Word and Excel,
ERP and fleet management systems, etc.)
* Valid driver's license
* Minimum 18 years of age
Strongly Preferred Qualifications
* Experience within auto and/or heavy duty trucking industry
* Previous service writing/advising experience desired
We believe our employees deserve a safe work environment - all
offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of
pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for
positions that require driving is contingent upon passing MVR
record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: TEC Equipment, Oakland , Service Advisor, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!