Early Childhood Mental Health Consultant - Bilingual Cantonese Preferr
Posted on: June 14, 2019
JOB TITLE: Early Childhood Mental Health Consultant PROGRAM: Early
Childhood Mental Health POSITION SUMMARY: Provide programmatic and
child specific mental health consultation and intervention to young
children and families in Child Development Centers. Assist with the
early identification of at risk children and families, and
collaborate with outside agencies as needed. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide programmatic and child-specific mental health
consultation to teaching staff, center directors, and parents.
- Observe children in their childcare setting to assess
functioning, relationships with caregivers and other children, and
appropriateness of classroom placement.
- Together with teaching staff and families, plan, implement, and
monitor specific interventions for individual children or
- Regularly consult and communicate with administrators, teachers
and family regarding program and children.
- Provide child specific case consultation to ECE staff to
monitor and track the development of young children.
- Administer developmental screenings (ASQ3/ASQ-SE) as
- Assist staff to build and maintain productive and collegial
relationships with one another as requested.
- Work collaboratively with clients and other pertinent community
partners (i.e., DSS and psychiatrists) to provide assessment,
develop treatment plans and coordinate appropriate care.
- Assess and intervene in crisis situations to provide
appropriate interventions or referrals as needed.
- Provide training and workshops for staff and parents multiple
times throughout the year.
- Provides a variety of case management services, including
facilitating multiple-agency staffing, participating in
collaborations, and developing resources for staff/families.
- Document provision of services, assessments, evaluations and
treatment goals consistent with clinical and administrative
policies and procedures.
- Provide individual and family psychotherapy.
- Provide referrals to outside agencies as appropriate and
actively assist families with the referral process.
- Participate in team meetings, required outside trainings, and
communicate administrative information as needed.
- Engage in reflective supervision opportunities with supervisor
- Attend site meetings as appropriate including parent/teacher
conferences, IEP and IFSP.
- Maintain up-to-date clinical records and program logs on all
services provided. POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Must have knowledge of
and experience working with trauma, and an understanding of the
impact trauma has on the physical and emotional development of
young children. Knowledge of early development and experience with
assessment of young childrens social emotional and developmental
needs. Demonstrated understanding of the concepts underlying young
childrens social-emotional development, such as attachment,
separation, and the ways in which relationships shape development.
Must have understanding of the ECE culture and community, the OUSD
school system and RCEB services, as well as a working knowledge of
community resources and the ability to make appropriate referrals.
Must be competent in working with people of diverse cultural and
ethnic backgrounds, have sensitivity to the communitys attitudes
and strengths, and have the ability to manage difficult or
emotional situations. High degree of professionalism with excellent
interpersonal and oral communication skills, the ability to work
independently as well as in a team setting, and ability to
integrate mental health activities and philosophies into group
settings. EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Masters degree (MSW/MFT) or Doctorate degree (Ph.D/Psy.D) in
Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or related field.
- Prior experience working collaboratively as part of a
- Prior clinical experience working with young children
(birth-five years) and families strongly preferred.
- Experience providing mental health consultation within child
care setting preferred.
- Bi-lingual Cantonese preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency of MS Word. This part time position
can be 24 or 32 hours per week, depending upon the candidate.
Keywords: Lincoln, Oakland , Early Childhood Mental Health Consultant - Bilingual Cantonese Preferr, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!