Company: Chevron Federal Credit Union
Posted on: September 15, 2019
Chevron Federal Credit Union is one of the top-run credit unions in
the country- and one of the largest, with over $3 billion in
assets. Yet our corporate culture is not stuffy: the Team Spirit
Committee runs fun activities and charitable events throughout the
year, and work-life balance, mutual respect, diversity, and
providing a voice for every employee are all important to us. As
you might imagine, we provide competitive pay and great benefits,
- Bonus/incentives for all regular employees
- 401(k) with 8% company contribution
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and
dependents paid at 80%
- PTO and paid sabbaticals
- Tuition reimbursement
GENERAL SUMMARY: Underwrites all residential real estate loan
products ensuring adherence to the appropriate company or investor
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Apply Fannie Mae manual and desktop underwriting guidelines and
CFCU internal underwriting guidelines to residential first and
second mortgage loans for both purchase money or refinance,
conforming or jumbo.
- Make exception recommendations or counter-offer recommendations
on a case-by-case basis to Underwriting Supervisor or above, as
- Review and analyze all areas of the mortgage loan application
to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with internal and
regulatory guidelines including but not limited to: upfront
disclosures, loan-to-value ratios, credit reports, application,
appraisals, and title.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- A.A. degree plus three to five years of residential mortgage
underwriting experience required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret written materials
including loan documentation and governmental regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of conventional and governmental, A and
B credit quality loans with a financial institution.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
procedure manuals in English.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to calculate income for all
types of borrowers, handle complex tax returns and related
financial statements, analyze various sources of funds, interpret
credit agency and similar reports to establish creditworthiness of
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as loan payments,
discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Clear understanding of regulatory compliance procedures as well
as loan origination, loan processing and closing procedures.
- Familiarity with FNMA manual and desktop underwriting (DU)
guidelines for conforming loans a plus.
- Exceptional computer skills are required.
- Knowledge of Desktop Underwriter (DU) and Mortgage Cadence a
- Ability to utilize on-screen loan origination software.
- Detail orientation
- Work involves extensive use of computers, up to eight hours per
day. Appropriate visual and physical skills are required.
- Must be able to speak on the telephone for several hours per
day. Requires close vision, distance vision, and the ability to
We welcome all qualified applicants and pride ourselves on our
diversity. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
- Residential mortgage underwriting experience
Keywords: Chevron Federal Credit Union, Oakland , Underwriter, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!