Company: Delta Dental of California
Posted on: October 12, 2019
AT DELTA DENTAL WE:
PROMOTE ACCOUNTABILITY, INTEGRITY AND COLLABORATION: Our employees
are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation
to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
FOSTER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Our employees take ownership of
developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and
providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying
VALUE CUSTOMERS AND CULTIVATE POSITIVE EXPERIENCES: Our employees
take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and
exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let s chat. We would love to
tell you more!
Follow us @lifeatDDins on Instagram, lifeatDDins on Facebook,
@lifeatDDins on Twitter
ABOUT DELTA DENTAL
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits
provider. As an employee you ll take part in our mission to become
the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities
and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an
ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on
pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms
of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take
pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values
of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of
companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the
U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc.,
Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company,
together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation s
largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million
enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of
members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39
Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who
execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for
today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of
high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping
commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our
leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and
motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our
employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and
challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems.
Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering
development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other s
strengths and sharing in successes.
The Senior UX Product Designer is a passionate designer with
experience working with complex systems and a big picture mind set
yet detailed design discipline. The Senior Product Designer will
work with product managers, developers and other designers to
explore new experiences, concepts and feature for delivery to Delta
How you will make an impact:
* Quickly visualizes and prototypes ideas to communicate
* Constructs beautiful, functional interface designs and
interactions that work across the cloud service and various
platforms mobile, desktop and web.
* Identifies user experience goals, priorities, and deliverables
that align with product milestones.
* Engages with multiple stakeholders, including product managers,
engineers, and other designers to bring concepts to reality at
every stage of development.
* Leads and supports development teams throughout the production
and implementation cycle.
* Coordinates multiple projects from concept to completion.
* Participates in peer design critiques to give and receive
What we look for:
* Bachelor s or Master s degree in HCI, Design, or a related
* Minimum 2-5 years visual, UX, and/or product design
* Holistic and human centered approach to product and service
design, from research and insight generation to concept to
* Entrepreneurial, experimental and self-driven while also being
collaborative, with a professional presence.
* Strong organizational, time management and communication
* Interaction and Visual design skills, including use of a diverse
set of software such as Adobe CS, Sketch, OmniGraffle, as well as
good experience with MS Office.
* Excellent knowledge of rapid prototyping tools such as Sketch,
Axure, Invision or Flinto.
* Excellent user experience design skills.
* A strong sense of visual design including composition, color and
* Excellent production skills ability to design and generate pixel
* Experience conducting user research including in-person user
* Ability to bring together complex requirements, legal, and
regulatory constraints to design an elegant solution.
* Experience with iterative, user focused, design principals.
Experience working with developers to bring their designs to life.
Experience with modular component based design systems.
* Experience working with strict brand guidelines and
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Able to function, adapt and succeed in a constantly changing,
fast paced environment.
* Positive attitude and motivation to deliver highest quality
Benefits and perks:
* 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday
* Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost
* 100% paid dental insurance
* 100% paid vision insurance
* Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
* Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve
* Career growth: we love promoting from within
* Strong commitment to work/life balance
* Technology allowance
* Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Keywords: Delta Dental of California, Oakland , Product Designer, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!