Supervisor, Technicians - Oakland, CA
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Business Unit: Job Summary:
Responsible for supervising a team of technical services personnel
providing service and installation activity. Meets the shop?s
Company?s standard for QC measurements. Trains Technicians on test
equipment usage and troubleshooting techniques. Manages schedule
coordination with NOC and ensures the proper completion of all
scheduled or on-demand service or maintenance work by coordinating
and mentoring team on fair and business practical methods. Ensures
system compliance to NCTA and FCC regulations and Comcast's minimum
operating specifications including day-to-day procedures associated
with compliance as it relates to CommTechs. Develops staff training
quality measurement guidelines and minimum requirements.
Proactively supports and motivates technicians training by
continually monitoring progress and training schedules. In
conjunction with Manager, performs and conducts annual, bi-annual
reviews along with providing an ongoing open communications with
team to include coaching, mentoring, and career development on a
daily, weekly and monthly basis.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for
how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of
our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our
digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by
joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Responsible for technical development of supervised personnel,
which contributes to customer satisfaction, and meeting the
operational and customer service standards of the department.
- Quota management to include, entering daily quota into CableData
based on Technical Schedules.
- Working with Lead CommTechs manage the daily safety inspection
issues, taking corrective action as necessary.
- Implements standard safety training and maintains daily safety
- Reviews and coordinates nightly check-in and rotates On-Call
- Coordinates all vehicle assignments, maintenance, and
- Ensures systems and staff are able to respond to the demands of
new technology deployment through demonstrative methods.
- Performs duties of CT1 through CT3, as needed.
- Analyzes operations and performance to assure operational
efficiencies through productivity, QC, and customer
- Coordinates department responses to customer and department
issues with a strong sense of urgency.
- Works with other departments, as necessary, to maintain an
in-depth technical knowledge of new technology being deployed.
- Ability to install all types of cable and run service calls to
- Diagnoses all types of signal faults.
- Ability to operate computers.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds, climb utility poles
and drive long periods of time digging, crawling, stooping and
- Complies with all OSHA safety measures.
- Works within manufacturer?s rated weigh capacity for all
equipment, including by not limited to ladders and aerial
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 4-7 years related experience
- Must be a Certified CommTech 3 or above
- Must have Technical field experience
- Must have and maintain a valid California Driver's License with
satisfactory driving record
- Strong team motivator, with previous ?lead? experience
- Must have strong organization and project management skills.
- Must be able to coach, supervise and train others.
- Must be able to communicate both orally and in writing in a clear
and straight-forward manner.
- Must have budgeting and Profit/Loss experience.
- Must have proven customer service skills.
- Must have knowledge of Basic Data Transmission Networking.
- Must have knowledge of Proof of Performance testing
- Must have knowledge of cable television products and
- Must have Understanding of FCC Part 76.605
- Must have the ability to use personal computer and software
applications and general knowledge of computer hardware
- Prior Comcast Experience required
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 70lbs
- Must be able to carry and climb tall ladders
- Must work and travel outside in inclement weather
- Must work near power lines and electricity
- Must work and climb on poles, roofs, ladders and/or bucket trucks
in high elevations
- Must work in confined spaces which include but not limited to
crawl spaces and attics
- May be required to wear hard hat, gloves, eye protection, and
- Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time
- Must use standard office equipment, tools and materials
?Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Keywords: Comcast, Oakland , Supervisor, Technicians - Oakland, CA, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!