Business Systems Analyst
Company: Alameda County Community Food Bank
Posted on: January 8, 2021
- Are you ready to apply your business systems expertise toward
an important mission?
- Does bringing innovation to an organization's processes and
systems excite you?
- Is translating business needs into system requirements second
nature for you?
- Do you enjoy working and collaborating as a team?Got your
attention? Apply to become Alameda County Community Food Bank's
next Business Systems Analyst! We are looking for an individual who
can help us improve current systems, streamline processes, identify
new areas of efficiency, and select and implement new technologies
- all in service of providing nutritious food to those who need it
most in our community.Reporting to the Director of IT, the Business
Systems Analyst (BSA) role is an ideal opportunity for a
collaborative individual interested in bringing fresh solutions to
business problems. The focus of this new role will be on maximizing
the use of our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), but they will
also have a hand in other active projects such as development of
our Data Warehouse and an upcoming Customer Relationship Management
(CRM) migration.The BSA will partner with internal business and
functional owners to assess systems, document needs, identify and
implement long-term solutions, and strategize ways to prepare our
systems to meet future demands - all while providing top-notch
customer service and communication to stakeholders along the way.
For example, you might spend your days:
- Gathering system requirements by conducting interviews,
reviewing documents, observing processes, analyzing business
objectives, or conducting group workshops.
- Documenting and evaluating requirements from your research, and
then taking the next step to apply analysis and critical thinking
and identify cross team conflicts, root needs and potential ways to
improve organizational efficiency.
- Producing reports and analysis detailing business requirements,
functional requirements, process and data flow documents, use
cases, scenarios, test plans and RFP's.
- Identifying gaps that exist between departments' workflows and
- Assisting in the scoping, building, development, implementation
and deployment of a data warehouse and cross-department analytics
- Assisting business owners and technical partners in
implementing solutions and integrating systems that have been
identified through BSA duties.Knowledge, Skills and
- Three or more years of experience developing and documenting
business requirements, functional requirements, process and data
flow, use cases, scenarios, test plans and managing RFP's.
- Proven experience managing multiple, complex projects
simultaneously, including: setting and driving timelines, managing
stakeholders across an organization and building consensus in a
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet
deliverables, while collaborating with business owners towards
common identified goals.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to a
non-technical audience, translating and adapting presentations to
- Basic understanding of database theory, programming logic,
business procedures, and project management theory.
- Ability to work and interact well with individuals (staff,
volunteers and participants) from a variety of socioeconomic
backgrounds in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative and professional
- Two or more years in Information Systems; experience in food
banking, food industry, inventory management and/or warehouse
workflow environments a plus.
- Working knowledge of MS Dynamics Nav or other similar ERP,
Financial or Inventory system.
- Experience with SQL, data queries, views, report writers, data
warehouse and analytic tools.
- Experience with CRM systems a plus.
- Experience with Smartsheets or MS Project, Lucid Chart or
- Strong customer service acumen.
- Solid analytic and problem solving abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interest in hunger or food issues.
- Experience in a nonprofit environment with a variety of
stakeholders and deeply rooted community values.Personal Attributes
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, and creativity around Alameda
County Community Food Bank's vision, mission and values of
community, leadership, transparency, innovation and diversity.
- Ability to empathize with our clients in a compassionate and
- Impeccable integrity and honesty.
- Strong work ethic with an orientation towards innovation and
- Innovative self-starter and problem solver with a bias towards
action.Physical RequirementsUnder usual circumstances, work is
located in a shared office environment. The Food Bank is fully
operational during the pandemic, and while this position will start
remotely, it may be necessary to report to the office in order to
execute the duties of this position. Ability to be on site daily
will be required once pandemic safety restrictions are lifted.
Physical activities necessary in the performance of this job
include the abilities to: sit at a computer workstation for up to
five hours at a time; operate computer and phone equipment; move
throughout the 118,000 sq. ft. food bank facility in performance of
dutiesCompensationThis is a full-time (Monday-Friday) exempt
position with a non-negotiable starting salary of $95,000 per
year.If you meet these qualifications and want to join our mission,
please submit your resume and answer our application questions by
clicking the apply button below.
Keywords: Alameda County Community Food Bank, Oakland , Business Systems Analyst, Professions , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!