Senior Applications Analyst
Company: Delta Dental
Posted on: January 8, 2021
At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people
who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right
for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of
high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping
commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our
leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and
motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our
employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and
challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems.
Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering
development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other's
strengths and sharing in successes.The Senior Applications Analyst
is responsible for applying past experience and industry standards
in the planning, organizing and conducting of a Business Needs
Assessment, most commonly referred to as Business Requirements, for
the development of systems capabilities that are cost effective,
creative, and that meet user's needs. This role may engage in the
solutioning of complex challenges and may recommend and implement
system configurations to accomplish complex project goals. The
Senior Applications Analyst plays a durable role throughout the
Development Lifecycle that includes gathering and documenting
business requirements, creating use case scenarios, modeling
business process, and participating in the overall planning that
will ensure the system delivered meets the needs of the
business.How you will make an impact:
- Works independently in assisting the business in building upon
the project definition, description and vision document, which may
include scope, risk, and identification of stakeholders with
- Plans, coordinates, and creates written documentation that
clearly describes the needs of the business, which may include
Business Requirements, Business Use Cases, Process Models, Business
Needs Analysis, or Conceptual Design Documents.
- Gathers requirements, researches and analyzes existing, and
proposed solutions in the development, modification, or enhancement
of programs or systems.
- Engages in dependency analysis, functional design, workflow
analysis, use case analysis, data and process modeling, and has a
clear understanding of the current and future business rules.
- Takes a lead in end-to-end testing discipline by partnering
with other teams to support including test planning, incident
research and analysis, test strategy, QA and user acceptance
testing functions as needed.
- Leverages a deep understanding of system behavior and data
properties to determine efficient and effective approaches to
testing broad and/or complex topics.
- Works independently to prepare and plan all aspects of the
Requirements discipline, including controlling or participating in
estimating, feasibility analysis, meeting facilitation, management
and executive reporting, change request management, issue tracking,
process improvements, and project planning.
- Provides support as needed throughout the project lifecycle,
participating directly in issue resolution, break and hot fix
support, and triage in the identification and resolution of all
project incidents, documentation maintenance and traceability as
related to the Requirements discipline.
- Stays current with customer needs and strategies; utilizes
formal and informal written communication methods to communicate
updates and findings; and facilitates meetings and presentations to
all types of diverse audiences.
- Configures COTs application to fit business and operational
- Creates reports and analyzes data to identify solutions that
meet business goals.
- Analyzes current processes and identifies existing or potential
problems in order to discover new process improvement
- This list is not all-inclusive and you are expected to perform
other duties as requested or assigned.What we look for:
- 7+ years of overall experience along with a Bachelor's
- Experience in business analysis in a technical environment,
supporting large teams of business, IT staff, and executive
- Experience with both process and data-driven structured
- Excellent communication, influence, presentation, team and
interpersonal skills. Able to present goals, project scope, and
requirements to any level in the organization.
- Ability to conceptualize business problems and out of the box
- Champion of change, process and best practices to both the
business and technical team members.
- Ability to train, lead and mentor others by lending subject
matter expertise and knowledge.
- Strong multi-tasking abilities with project management
- Strong data interpretation skills to form actionable
suggestions to support business requirements.
- Ability to understand stakeholder needs and demonstrates
creative thinking to provide innovative solutions and recommend
system and process enhancements.
- Strong decision-making skills and process management to ensure
stakeholders understand all the conditions, environment, and
measures in which the decision will be made.
- Ability to perform evaluation of historical trends to provide
- Ability to offer solutions to resolve risks, conflicts, and
- Ability to summarize requirements and connect requirements to
business goals while anticipating impact on target as well as
- Strong research skills/ability to get an overview and dive into
- Moderate experience with agile methodologies (with Kanban
boards or Sprints) and working in agile scrum teams.
- Strong root cause analysis skills and ability to write and
execute basic SQL queries and reports. Moderate experience with
creating and executing SQL scripts.
- Deep level of understanding of multiple systems.
- Strong experience with Jira or Jira Align.
- Strong experience with Zephyr, Quality Center or equivalent
- Strong experience working on web applications.
- Moderate experience with Confluence and SharePoint.
- Moderate experience with Soap UI.
- Preferred ability to read and decipher server error
logs.Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to
improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities"Due to
COVID-19, there is an even greater demand for flexibility and
change. Due to the pandemic, the expectation around work location
for certain roles may be remote until a future date, determined by
Delta Dental Management. Should the position you seek be determined
by Delta Dental Management as "remote," the position may require
you to have access to remote internet in order to meet the
expectations outlined in the job duties."At this time, we are
unable to consider candidates that would require work sponsorship
for this opening.#LI-JS1At Delta Dental we:Promote accountability,
integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative,
self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right
thing and follow through on commitments.Foster professional
development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves
and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to
constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.Value
customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take
time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and
exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.If you think this
sounds like you, let's chat. We would love to tell you more!Follow
us @lifeatDDins on Instagram, lifeatDDins on Facebook, @lifeatDDins
on TwitterABOUT Delta DentalDelta Dental covers more Americans than
any other dental benefits provider. Our vision is to motivate and
empower every employee so we're all inspired to take exceptional
care of our customers, providers and each other. Our Enterprise
Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification,
supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and
Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven
organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and
Innovation.We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a
network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million
people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New
York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance
Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the
nation's largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33
million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates
of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39
Delta Dental companies throughout the country.Delta Dental provides
equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other
classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to
federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in
every location in which the company has facilities. This policy
applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training.Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be
provided if selected for hire.
Keywords: Delta Dental, Oakland , Senior Applications Analyst, Professions , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!