Company: Placement Club
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Top 5 ENR rated General Contractor ($10B+ revenue) with a vision to
be the highest value provider of global construction services and
technical expertise. North America-based, international
construction company - a leading builder in diverse market
segments. The company has earned recognition for undertaking large,
complex projects, fostering innovation, embracing emerging
technologies, and making a difference for their clients, employees
We are actively recruiting for a Senior Estimator here in the SF
Bay Area. This is a great opportunity to work with an innovative
company, with a strong leadership team, and the resources to go
after complex, challenging projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review quantity take-offs, analysis, estimate, and studies for
all items incorporated in the assigned scope. Take lead role in
Lump Sum (LS) bids.
- Review drawings, specifications and all other construction
documents. Make senior management aware of design-related problems,
completeness of documents and other potential risks.
- Work in conjunction with Operations to ensure that detailed
General Conditions/Requirement (GC/GRs) estimates are prepared, and
review with others as needed.
- Responsible for the value engineering process during
preconstruction for the assigned projects.
- Manage the Estimating Engineers and Assistant Estimating
Engineers, including completing performance evaluations.
- Ensure strict adherence to safety, Quality Assurance/Quality
Control (QA/QC), ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Manage the allocation of work hours for staff assigned to
projects to ensure it is within budgetary guidelines.
- Communicate and collaborate with Operations and Purchasing
during preconstruction efforts.
- Develop and enhance owner, architect, subcontractor and vendor
- Analyze cost data, unit prices, back-page costs, and
information that can be developed and used as a "rule of thumb" for
all building systems estimated costs.
- Responsible for the preparation of preliminary estimates and
studies during preconstruction to monitor design development cost
trends in order to detect over- runs and potential problem areas.
- Ensure assigned tasks are completed and delivered within
- Assist Purchasing in evaluating and analyzing subcontractor
- Derive systems quantities for Building Information Models (BIM)
and other estimating software in order to provide complete
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or
related field preferred
- 5+ years estimating experience large commercial, public, and
- Knowledge of building construction, materials, systems, market
conditions, trade practices.
- Must have conceptual ability to work with minimum information
and quickly develop an understanding of the owner/architect
- Should demonstrate imaginative, innovative and succinct
approach to a project.
- Should have familiarity with the operating procedures and
methods of other departments - Purchasing, Cost, Accounting, etc.
- Good leadership, verbal and written skills. Strong computer
skills and a familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite of programs
and estimating software.
- Complete knowledge of the estimating documents and the ability
to provide accurate qualitative and quantitative analysis of the
- Must be able to multitask and meet established deadlines.--
Keywords: Placement Club, Oakland , Senior Estimator, Professions , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!