Store Receiver - Oakland, CA
Company: Whole Foods Market
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Located in - Oakland, CAPerforms receiving, accounting, and
distribution operations associated with incoming product deliveries
for all store Teams. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require
ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly,
and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times.
All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store
Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be
prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team
Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM
core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store
programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable
health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory
duties required in the department.Job Responsibilities
- -Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper
procedures for receiving all product entering the location,
- Verifying actual product against packing slips,
- Confirming product integrity,
- Checking product temperatures as needed.
- Stamps, initials, and codes invoices; logs invoices in
receiving journal; distributes to appropriate teams.
- Closes purchase orders in the proprietary store purchasing
- Distributes copies of processed paperwork to Team mailboxes and
- Follows up with vendors regarding accounts payable.
- Supports product Teams with accounting processes during
inventory and financial period close.
- Maintains Service Vendor Tracking System and obtains work
orders from visiting contractors.
- Codes and processes all store expense invoices.
- Ensures accuracy of store expense information in
- Maintains store accrual logs.
- Maintains baler, compactor, and all environmental areas in
proper working order; ties bales, calls for can pick up, and
directs service team to areas requiring attention.
- -Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed,
dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends
required trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of
customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive
- Maintains or ensures maintenance of accurate department signage
- Maintains or ensures maintenance of a safe, clean, and
well-organized working and shopping environment.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory rules and
regulations, Weights and Measures, health and sanitation and
adheres to safe work practices.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations; communicates
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or
national leadership.Job Skills
- Strong knowledge of store receiving, accounting, and
distribution procedures and policies.
- Working knowledge and application of all WFM quality goals,
food handling, safety, and other standards.
- Ability to educate team on product knowledge and convey
- Knowledge and ability to use computer programs such as
Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PeopleSoft, IRMA, and
- -Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to
work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable
manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in
all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time
management and organization skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced
environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality
- 12+ months retail experience.Physical Requirements / Working
- -Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
pulling. Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters,
knives, electric pallet jacks, forklifts, hand trucks, six-wheel
carts, balers, and other heavy machinery.Note: The purpose of this
document is to provide a general summary of essential
responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive
list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements
for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through
the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be
required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for
that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities
may differ for similar positions based on business conditions,
departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the
particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful
performance in their current position before being considered for
promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level
position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the
candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new
position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an
advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or
developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not
guarantee a promotion.At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and
equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates
regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age,
marital status, disability, or any other legally protected
characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals
solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and
Keywords: Whole Foods Market, Oakland , Store Receiver - Oakland, CA, Professions , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!