Distribution Lead - Oakland
Company: Peet's Coffee & Tea
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Who We Are:The Distribution Lead is a role model and leader
responsible for exemplifying Peet's Vision, Mission, and Values to
new and current Associates in our Distribution Center. The Lead
achieves this in three primary ways. First, the DistibutionLead is
accountable for the overall operations of a Peet's department,
maintaining high standards and execution in the department. Second,
the Lead coordinates and oversees the training for newly hired and
continuing Associates. Third, the Lead acts as a change agent,
setting an example and leading training that supports a change on
systems or operations in the Roasting Plant and Distribution
Center. This position reports to the Distribution Supervisor.What
You Will Do:
- On-going duty to fulfill the essential responsibilities of the
- Maintain a work environment that serves as a model of adherence
to Peet's standards.
- Willingness and flexibility to the changing needs and demands
of the department and business.
- Effectively motivate, train and communicate with the warehouse
team to assure superior levels of safety, reliability, cleanliness
and overall execution of the business channel.
- Deliver and execute business initiatives as directed by the
- Develop and enhance training tools for newly hired or promoted
Associates on all necessary responsibilities of the department
within the designated time and according to the standards.
- Delegate to all Associates on team where/when appropriate,
using available resources to assist in the training and development
of new Associates.
- Assign appropriate supplemental activities, tasks, and
responsibilities as needed to develop the trainee's ability to
perform at all levels of the department.
- Provide regular feedback and coaching to the new Associate on
his/her performance, including recognition of positive performance
and accomplishments as well as corrective feedback.
- Proactively communicate with the Assistant Manager regarding
Associate's performance and work with the department.
- Ensure that all departmental targets as well as quality,
execution and standards are met while delegating and prioritizing
tasks and responsibilities to the department.
- Be a resource for all Associates.
This job description captures the position's essential
responsibilities. It is not intended to record all duties and
expectations of the position as may be communicated and assigned by
the Assistant Manager, as necessary.Who You Are:
- Must be 18 years old
- Ability to read and follow written instructions accurately in
- Must be willing and able to work overtime as required, even on
- Proficient in safety procedures
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Attention to detail & accuracy is required
- Must have or be able to be powered industrial truck (fork lift
/ electric pallet jack) certified
- A minimum of six months experience as a Peet's Associate with
high job service standards.
- Demonstrated adherence to Peet's standards, policies, and
- Demonstrated ability to multi task and prioritize.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and coaching skills.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Continuous standing/walking in a warehouse environment
throughout an 8 hour day or more
- Frequent push, pull, squat, bend and reach to stack, carry,
lift and pick product throughout an 8 hour day or more
- Continuous lifting of 20 lbs, frequent lifting of 25-40 lbs and
occasional lifting of 50 lbs or more
- Frequent stacking of pallets and totes (20-50 lbs) up to 6 feet
- Frequent lifting above the shoulders
- Frequent picking and packing of bags of coffee up to 3 lbs
- Person in this position must be available to work Irregular
hours (weekends, nights, overtime, holidays ) to fulfill business
- Noise level in this warehouse environment is frequently
- A strong coffee scent is continuously present in this warehouse
Keywords: Peet's Coffee & Tea, Oakland , Distribution Lead - Oakland, Professions , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!