Distribution Supervisor - Oakland
Company: Peet's Coffee & Tea
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Who We Are:This is an Operations position responsible for
supervising the activities associated with warehouse operations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the supervision
of product receiving, product replenishment, product shipments,
ensuring safety and of the warehouse and providing management and
direction to warehouse staff.
What You Will Do:
- Supervises the daily work and safety of employees engaged in
Shipping, receiving, replenishing, and storing inbound product,
including all warehouse functions, receivers and day forklift
- Supervises the daily functions of Will Call, including but not
limited to, replenishment, selection and loading of product while
maintaining proper Quality Assurance guidelines.
- Supervises labor hours and consumable supplies within budget.
Prepares work schedules including extra workdays and shifts as
- Supervises the proper utilization of Company assets in support
of the warehouse. Coordinates required repairs with proper
departments, as necessary.
- Review's day warehouse functions and various warehouse
productivity reporting. Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction
measures and assists with implementation of changes within
- Conducts receiving and location audits daily ensuring all
required receiving documentation is accurately completed (including
HAACP, food safety and inventory documentation) and that material
is checked in and stored correctly with a minimum potential for
- Coordinates communication between third party unloading
service, inbound scheduling and warehouse management to ensure
efficient inbound operations.
- Assists with monitoring sanitation and facility/racking damage
to ensure a safe and clean warehouse.
- Assists with the training of new associates, including cross
training of existing associates.
- Sets up the warehouse in support of night operation and
communicates any warehouse shift issues.
- Maintains associate relations through regular department or
pre- shift meetings; maintains on-going interaction; keeps open
communication channels with associates by answering questions and
explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale; and
submits ideas and reacts to ideas to increase survey rating.
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies
- Coordinates efforts with Safety department to aid in training,
conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred work
methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root
causes, and routine safety inspections. Makes recommendations for
disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where
- Performs management functions of staff selection, development,
discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Performs the duties of employees supervised and other related
duties as needed.
- Complies with local, state and federal regulatory agencies
(i.e. OSHA, AIB, FDA, USDA, etc.)Who You Are:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three
to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and related experience.
- Two- or Four-year college degree in Business Management, Supply
Chain Management or similar major preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units
of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word
Processing software, and ability to learn Peets Coffee ERP software
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team
discussions and meetings.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely
and objective manner.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other
departments and shifts in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of
following established procedures, practices and comply with local,
state and federal regulations
Keywords: Peet's Coffee & Tea, Oakland , Distribution Supervisor - Oakland, Professions , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!