Data Reporting and Analytics Consultant IV
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: May 13, 2022
"This position is fully remote as long as the candidate is
residing within the close proximity of KP approved location"
This individual contributor is primarily responsible for driving
strategic data-informed decisions, gathering data and information
on targeted variables in an established systematic fashion,
preparing data for analytic efforts, and interpreting data
analyses. This position executes creative data analytic approaches
leading to actionable outcomes, develops, implements, and automates
business and reporting solutions, and develops analytical and/or
statistical models enabling informed business decisions.
- Practices self-development and promotes learning in others by
proactively providing information, resources, advice, and expertise
with coworkers and customers; building relationships with
cross-functional stakeholders; influencing others through technical
explanations and examples; adapting to competing demands and new
responsibilities; listening and responding to, seeking, and
addressing performance feedback; providing feedback to others;
creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and develop
weaknesses; supporting team collaboration; and adapting to and
learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Completes work assignments and supports business-specific
projects by applying expertise in subject area; supporting the
development of work plans to meet business priorities and
deadlines; ensuring team follows all procedures and policies;
coordinating resources to accomplish priorities and deadlines;
collaborating cross-functionally to make effective business
decisions; solving complex problems; escalating high priority
issues or risks as appropriate; and recognizing and capitalizing on
- Executes creative data analytic approaches leading to
actionable outcomes by defining and calculating metrics to be
analyzed; defining, calculating, and validating algorithms; and
conducting analyses, including descriptive, correlational,
inferential, and/or predictive statistics.
- Develops, implements, and automates business and reporting
solutions by working with stakeholders in their design, planning,
and implementation while ensuring consistency and coherency;
evaluating and summarizing data and results; creating summary
statistics; developing data reports, visualizations, and/or
interactive Business Intelligence (BI) reports; reporting to
stakeholders on key findings; identifying needs for the development
and implementation of additional reporting solutions; and preparing
documentation as appropriate.
- Interprets data analyses by applying findings to contextual
settings; and developing insights, reports, and presentations
telling a compelling story to stakeholders to enable and influence
decision making; and providing context related to data
interpretations and/or limitations as appropriate.
- Drives strategic data-informed decisions by consulting with
clients to identify and clarify key business needs; developing
outcomes and process measures; translating business requirements;
determining data/information needs and data collection methods;
developing analysis plans; measuring the impact of business
decisions on clients, customers, and/or members; working with
clients and staff to identify opportunities and methods to improve
efficiencies with analysis; supporting and training end-users; and
documenting processes and deliverables.
- Gathers data and information on targeted variables in an
established systematic fashion by validating data sources;
querying, merging, and extracting data across sources; completing
routine data refresh and update; developing and/or delivering tools
for electronic data collection; and providing user training,
support, and documentation.
- Develops analytical and/or statistical models enabling informed
business decisions by determining data and analytical requirements;
creating models leading to actionable insights; and testing,
refining, and validating models.
- Prepares data for analytic efforts by integrating and
consolidating data; ensuring data quality and accuracy; profiling
data inaccuracies and recommending process improvements or system
changes to enhance overall quality of the data; and cleaning and
creating final data set(s) for analysis.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a leadership role with or
without direct reports.
- Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering,
Social/Physical/Life Science, Business, or related field and
Minimum five (5) years experience in data analytics or a directly
related field. Additional equivalent work experience in a directly
related field may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Three (3) years experience working with statistical analysis
- Three (3) years programming experience.
- One (1) year health care experience.
- Three (3) years experience working with data extraction and
- Three (3) years experience working with artificial intelligence
- Three (3) years statistical modeling experience.
- Three (3) years data simulation experience.
- Three (3) years complex event modeling experience.
- Three (3) years network analysis experience.
- Three (3) years deep learning experience.
- Three (3) years machine learning experience.
- Three (3) years text analytics experience.
- Three (3) years experience working with data visualization
- Three (3) years experience working with Open Source Tools (e g
, R, Python).
- Three (3) years experience working with Tableau.
- Three (3) years experience working with Excel.
- Three (3) years experience working with SAS.
- Three (3) years experience working with SQL.
- Three (3) years server maintenance experience.
- Doctorate degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering,
Social/Physical/Life Science, Business, or related field.
- Masters degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering,
Social/Physical/Life Science, Business, or related field.
PrimaryLocation : California,Oakland,1800 Harrison
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
WorkingHoursStart : 08:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-PO-01-NUE-Non Union
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Data Analytics
Department : Po/Ho Corp - KP Insight HQAA - 0308
Travel : Yes, 5 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Oakland , Data Reporting and Analytics Consultant IV, Professions , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!