Director of Operations (Evergreen)
Company: Revolution Foods
Posted on: May 17, 2022
We are always accepting applications for our Director of
Operations roles -across the country. -Apply today to be considered
during our next hiring period!Why join Revolution Foods?Do work
that matters supporting the -mission of Revolution Foods, which
provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we
value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and
- Medical, dental, & vision plan
- Company-paid life insurance coverage
- Company stock options
- Paid vacation and sick timeDetails of the Position
- Salary: -Salary range varies depending upon location.Position
Summary -Our Director of Operations is a proven leader, educator
and "hands-on" operator who thrives on rolling up their sleeves and
driving performance improvement from the factory floor.
-Demonstrates strong leadership skills, passion for our mission,
and the ability to direct daily operations to include management,
production, fiscal responsibility, team leadership and motivation,
resource planning, time management, purchasing, maintenance, fleet
and logistics for market food manufacturing operations.
Consistently demonstrate the highest degree of integrity, ethical
conduct, and trustworthiness. The ideal candidate is experienced in
food manufacturing and managing teams to deliver results in four
key operational areas: People, Quality, Service, and Cost controls.
Develops and drives strategies to achieve excellent customer
service results and subsequent growth.If this is you, apply with us
today!Position SummaryDirects the production of school and adult
meals and services for delivery to multiple partner and retail
sites. - Works in conjunction with inter-departmental management
teams to achieve positive results, forecast, improve efficiencies,
and identify opportunities for growth and community relations.
Maintains a culture of respect, hard work, consistency and
effective communication. Ensures full compliance with all State and
Federal agency regulated Health, Food Safety and Safety codes.
- Establish and maintain strategic plans for manufacturing
covering capacity planning, infrastructure requirements, cost
containment, labor-management, and initiatives required for
- Manage best practices with a strong emphasis on production
efficiencies, food safety, compliance, and asset utilization;
ensure the development of systems and procedures for operating and
managing physical facilities, human resources, equipment and
products in a profitable manner. -
- Drives a culture of continuous improvement and oversees all
aspects of sales, P&L, staff training and leadership. This
position is fully accountable and directly involved in P&L
management and performance, food handling and customer service.
- Responsible for department performance including capacity
planning, scheduling, quality, compliance, and training.
- Makes budgetary recommendations and controls capital
expenditures and direct/indirect labor. Effectively manage working
capital and capital expenditure projects.
- Responsible for staff resource planning for service coverage at
school sites, food preparation, and shift coverage. Ensure product
availability to meet plans.
- Responsible for monitoring food and production costs, pricing,
portion controls, quality assurance, and controls. Ensure food
safety program, HACCP Forms training and compliance as well as
daily waste tracking.
- Develop SOP's and ensure the team follows company recipes, hot
and retherm meals. Ensures procedures are followed for ordering,
receiving, storing, and packaging meals and foods items in large
and/or bulk quantities.
- Responsible for overall program effectiveness, labor controls,
service, labor, waste, KPI's and other reports, and employee
performance relative to "Best Practices" expectations and
- Continuously monitor the customer economics against
expectations, recommending improvements as appropriate.
- Adhere to the Federal, State, and District rules and
regulations pertaining to school meals and child nutrition.
- Ensure timely and accurate documentation on all contracts to
ensure all school partners follow contractual partnership
requirements and obligations.
- Manages the health, sanitation, and safety regulations
pertaining to the handling and storage of foods and the operation
of food processing facilities and equipment. Ensures the proper use
and care of equipment used in large-scale food operations.
- Direct and complete audits as needed and make recommendations
to optimize financial performance or operational standards. Holds
the team accountable for results.
- Ensure employees are compliant with safe ways of working and
safety measures for the environment. Manage all employee injuries
while on duty. Utilize accident reporting.
- Coaches team members and executes disciplinary actions of
exempt and non-exempt employees, as needed, and maintains accurate
- Use technology, data, and rigorous business analysis and
critical path strategies to enhance effectiveness, improve
efficiencies and margins, and drive customer engagement
- Create and adjust logistics and route plans for timely delivery
based on holidays, truck capacity, logistical issues.
- Implement and continually evaluate actions/processes to drive
increased consumption of products and services.
- Consistently assess satisfaction with menu offerings, planning,
and new product introductions to ensure customer expectations are
met. May recommend product changes based on data review
- Develop market forecasts with Customer Success leadership and
FP&A Manager to continually refine plans to optimize financial
performance and productivity.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to provide overall planning,
direction, and support to vendors, team members, and assigned
partners within a defined Market, to achieve Key Performance
Indicators of customer satisfaction and efficient ways of working
or setting benchmarks for improvement.\Preferred Experience and
- 5-7 years of experience Directing Operations of a chilled food
manufacturing facility, commercial or industrial kitchen
environment, or CPG products.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Hospitality Management, Culinary,
Food Science, Industrial Management, Supply Chain Management, or
related field of study.
- Experience in FDA/USDA monitored environments and/or. SQF
- Broad knowledge of standards of manufacturing technology,
equipment, food safety, organizational development/management,
finance, and employee relations.
- Manufacturing strategy development and execution thru
- Excellent organizational, leadership, motivational, analytical,
and strategic thinking skills.
- A successful track record of being able to establish and
achieve performance goals and objectives for safety, quality, cost
control, manufacturing efficiency, and process development.
- K-12 or Charter School Foodservice experience a plusand fresh
food meal service is desirable
- A proven track record of successful hiring, building,
motivating, training, and developing solid teams.
- Experience multi-tasking, setting priorities, and managing
multiple projects.Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Some periodic travel is required within the designated regional
area and is flexible to frequent changes
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and quick
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and ability to motivate,
inspire and positively communicate goals and objectives to our
global network of team members.
- Knowledge of food manufacturing technology.
- Gifted communicator, at ease presenting to diverse groups,
leading meetings with internal or external teams, and building
trusting relationships one-on-one.
- A solid understanding of safe ways of working within a factory
environment and in an external foodservice environment, such as a
school, cafeteria, or health care environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, especially a firm understanding
of Excel, ERP, and/or CRM systems to compile detailed analytics,
presentations, project, and plans.
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity along with a commitment to
diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Results-driven strategist with the ability to execute plans
successfully and efficiently.
- Responsive, and adept at addressing urgent priorities without
dropping the ball on other essential tasks.Revolution Foods is
proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment
decisions based on merit and the Company's business needs. In
accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits
discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including
religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or
registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or
ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical
condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military
or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, genetic information or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Revolution Foods, Oakland , Director of Operations (Evergreen), Professions , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!