Service Technician - The Moran
Posted on: June 20, 2022
This position performs technical and mechanical work that
ensures the physical aspects of the buildings, grounds, amenities,
and common areas of the property meet the Company's standards for
cleanliness, appearance, safety, and overall functionality.
- Completes assigned work orders generated from resident requests
for service, as well as preventative maintenance on the property by
diagnosing the source or cause of the defect or problem, and making
repairs in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety
standards, and code requirements.
- Completes the "make-ready" process to prepare vacant apartment
homes for leasing and new move-ins by completing the pre-move-out
inspection, creating a "punch" list of maintenance work needed,
scheduling vendors and contractors as needed, obtaining needed
supplies and materials, completing all maintenance tasks, and
inspecting completed work.
- Follows procedures for accessing and obtaining materials,
supplies, equipment, tools, and other items from the property's
maintenance department by tracking inventory used, returning unused
items to the established location, and notifying the maintenance
supervisor about re-ordering needs.
- Completes documentation and other paperwork in a timely,
accurate, and complete fashion so that service requests can be
appropriately documented and tracked.
- Assists in maintaining the grounds, common areas, and amenities
by picking up trash and debris, pressure-washing breezeways and
pool areas, performing general cleaning, and painting curbs and
signage as needed.
- Supports cost-cutting and expense control programs by fixing
rather than replacing parts when possible, not being wasteful with
materials and supplies, and practicing the correct use for tools
- Complies with Greystar's safety and risk-management policies by
attending and participating in the property's routine safety
meetings, completing required training on OSHA and other safety
related laws and requirements, and by reporting accidents and
incidents promptly and accurately.
- May periodically inspect work performed by contractors, vendors
and other service providers to verify the work, materials and
services meet quality standards, scope and specifications as
- Assists in conducting routine and periodic property inspections
to identify safety and risk management concerns, keep the property
in good repair, and communicate concerns about the physical needs
of the property to management.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- Incumbents must have EPA certifications Type 1 and II or
Universal for refrigerant recycling. (Applies to Certified Service
- Incumbents must have all certifications as required by State
and Local jurisdictions. (Applies to all Service Technicians.)
- Incumbents must have valid driver's license to operate a golf
cart on property.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time
team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in
addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may
participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are
also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits
from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with
arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: Greystar, Oakland , Service Technician - The Moran, Professions , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!