Company: Bright Power, Inc.
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Bright Power works with forward-thinking owners and developers
to identify, design, and implement custom energy and water
solutions on a wide variety of systems. Our team is comprised of a
diverse, talented, and hard-working group of individuals committed
to growing this industry and to making a positive impact on the
environment.Join UsBright Power has been a transformative player in
clean energy and sustainable housing for 15 years. Our Clients
include affordable housing owners and developers, Fortune 1000
financial and real estate investors, privately held firms, and some
of the nation's largest property managers.We are passionate about
reducing energy and water usage through the implementation of
energy efficiency, electrification, and renewable energy
technologies. Our goal is to improve the health, comfort, and value
of our client's buildings, while cultivating a sustainable future.
We believe deeply in doing well by doing good and come to work
every day seeking to change the world.Title: Project Manager:
Energy, Water & Solar RetrofitsLocation: Bright Power West Coast,
Oakland, CA The RoleBright Power is seeking a project manager to
oversee the installation of energy and water retrofits projects for
our clients. Acting in a general contractor project manager
capacity, you will oversee multiple subcontractors and vendors for
projects ranging from $75,000 to $3,000,000 in existing buildings.
Reporting to the director of our retrofit installation group, you
will be responsible for overall budget, schedule, safety, quality
and project performance while coordinating multiple projects
- Review and understand all project documents including
contracts, plans and specifications.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors to
ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and
- Evaluate subcontractor proposals and select subcontractors to
provide plumbing, lighting, mechanical, or other services.
- Manage the prime contract and budget, writing and issuing
subcontracts, purchase orders and approving invoices.
- Attend client and site meetings maintaining up-to-date internal
project status and documentation requirements.
- Coordinate filings, permits and construction inspections.
- Review and process submittals, RFI's, change orders and shop
- Support the project development team in the creation of scopes,
plans, specifications, and estimates.
- Ensure customer satisfaction during and at final project
- Generate project punch list and close-out documentation and
oversee project final completion.Qualifications
- General knowledge of building systems, construction best
practices, and sustainable design.
- Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication
- Able to build solid relationships with team members, vendors,
- Ability to understand architectural, mechanical, and electrical
plans and specifications.
- Organized and able to create multiple timelines, budgets, and
- Self-motivated and able to multitask, prioritize, and manage
- Ideal candidate would have one or more of the following:
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing construction
projects on existing buildings.
- Mechanical, electrical, general contracting or HVAC
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or civil engineering, or
related field of study.
- Familiarity with Procore, or similar construction project
- General knowledge of building code and incentive program
- Experience with systems commissioning, cost estimating, CAD,
load/sizing calculations, and equipment selections are preferred,
but not required.
- Spanish fluency is a plus.BenefitsIn addition to working with
incredible people, Bright Power offers competitive benefits. Find
the list of our benefits offered on our careers home pageCOVID
Vaccination PolicyAs of September 1st, Bright Power will require
employees to demonstrate proof of vaccination to work in our
offices and/or perform on-site visits. In accordance with state and
federal laws, Bright Power will allow for medical and religious
exemptions from the vaccine requirement. Work EnvironmentThe
candidate will spend about 80% of their time in the office (and/or
from home during COVID) and 20% of their time working onsite at
occupied multifamily buildings. The work environment of occupied
multifamily buildings has some inherent hazards, which may be
encountered while performing the activities at the site. Protective
equipment (such as: work-boots, masks, safety glasses, gloves,
hardhats, hearing protection, etc.,) may be required to be worn
while at a property, due to construction and safety hazards that
may be present. Visits to properties may result in exposures to
various hazards. Employees must be capable of using protective
equipment and following specific safety procedures, as
needed.Physical DemandsThe employee must occasionally lift and/or
move 20-pound objects. Specific vision and hearing abilities may be
required by this job, which include close vision and ability to
adjust focus based on the task and surrounding activity. The
employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl. The employee will need to use tools, including
powered hand tools, and be able to observe and test building
machinery, which may include combustion appliances, and appliances
that have moving parts, belts, pulleys, elevators, motors, pumps
and/or fans). Equipment for working at height (such as: ladders,
mechanical lifts, etc.,) may be required to be used. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT
OPPORTUNITIESBright Power provides equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bright Power
complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.
- Bright Power expressly prohibits any form of workplace
harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper
interference with the ability of Bright Power's employees to
perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and
Keywords: Bright Power, Inc., Oakland , Project Manager, Professions , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!