Company: Central Carolina Community College
Posted on: September 18, 2022
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative
lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find
ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students
a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to
recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with
empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
Full time position based at Sanford Main Campus. Technician will
troubleshoot problems reported and make repairs to facilities and
equipment. Technician will assist with HVAC repairs and preventive
maintenance as well as furniture and equipment moving and surplus.
Make minor renovations and alterations to facilities.
This position is open until filled.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the
college experience is greatly enriched through diversity;
therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the
student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote
awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the
college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with
* Performs a variety of building, facility and equipment
maintenance and repair activities including plumbing, electrical,
basic carpentry. Work requires significant independent initiative
and knowledge of trade practices and skills.
* Employees are subject to working in inside and outside
environments, close quarters and small spaces, extreme
temperatures, and hazards in the work including exposures to loud
noises, vibrations, proximity to moving mechanical parts,
electrical current, working in high places, exposure to chemicals,
fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases and oils.
* Duties may expose employees to human body fluids and thus they
are subject to the OSHA requirements on bloodborne pathogens.
* Maintains interior and exterior lighting; installs and replaces
electrical ballasts; installs and repairs switches and outlets,
fuses, etc. Knowledge of 3 phase electrical distribution
* Repair building facilities to include doors, walls, etc. Replace
ceiling tiles. Minor painting involved. Moving furniture and minor
repair of if needed (desks, bookshelves and cabinets)
* Repair and maintain plumbing fixtures, unstops drains, install
valves and repair leaks to restroom and kitchen plumbing
* Assist in major HVAC repair work.
* Operates college vehicles and ladders.
* Serves on College committees as assigned.
* Complete the annual five-hour staff development.
* Assume other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor and
Physical Plant Manager.
* Recognizing and respecting the variety of experiences and
contributions represented by all of our students, employees, and
community, the Maintenance Technicianwill encourage a learning
environment where everyone is supported and valued for their unique
perspectives and experiences and will foster and promote the
participation of all members of our diverse communities.
* High School Diploma or equivalent with basic skills in
electrical, HVAC, mechanical, plumbing required.
* At least three years experience in maintenance experience such as
electrical distribution equipment, lighting, HVAC, air compressors,
pumps, and other facilities related equipment; or equivalent
combination of training and experience.
* Valid NC Driver's License.
* Associate Degree or Diploma in Industrial Systems Technology or
Keywords: Central Carolina Community College, Oakland , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!