Senior Financial and Operations Analyst
Company: Matson Inc
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Matson has been the leading ocean shipping and logistics provider
throughout the Pacific since 1882. We are the supply chain lifeline
for Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, and islands of the South Pacific. We also
offer the top two ocean shipping services in the world's largest
trade lane - Asia to the U.S. West Coast. With our subsidiaries
Matson Terminals and Matson Logistics, our business focus is
exceeding customer expectations with quality, reliability, and
We strive to operate in an environmentally sustainable manner and
promote land-based environmental programs in Hawaii, Guam, and
Alaska. We help improve the communities in which we work and live
through our community giving program that annually supports
hundreds of local organizations. And we work to improve diversity,
equity and inclusion in our company, communities and industry
through an active social equity program.
Matson is a great place to work, and everyone who works with us
becomes part of the Matson ohana or family. Join our team and help
us move freight better than anyone.
Learn more at matson.com.
About the Role
The Senior Financial and Operations Analyst's overall
responsibility is to perform financial analysis and provide
insights to drive efficiencies. Additional responsibilities include
supporting financial and operational reporting, new methods of
presentation, and assisting the budgeting/forecasting process for
the Operations Department. This cross-functional role interacts
with numerous departments to streamline and systematize business
The position is available for a hybrid/flex work opportunity.
What you'll do:
- Support the Operating Department on all operating and financial
- Assist in the preparation, review, and analysis of the annual
operating plans and monthly forecasts.
- Analyze monthly activities and financial results, approve
invoices, and monitor contractual compliance.
- Assist preparation and evaluation of strategic business
- Maintain SOX 404 internal control compliance, working with the
Accounting Department as necessary.
- Participate in ad-hoc accounting projects as assigned by the
- Ensure compliance with Matson's internal control policies and
- Assist with identifying opportunities for operational
improvements and cost-efficient alternatives.
In addition to those essential job functions identified above,
individuals in this position are also responsible for performing
other duties or tasks that may be assigned. The Company retains the
discretion to add to or change the essential job functions of this
position at any time.
You have these skills:
- Ability to create and analyze complex Excel workbooks for
budgets and cost analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; interacts
effectively with various levels of management.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of an
integrated operating team.
- Demonstrated project management ability.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadline
And these qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting strongly
- At least two (2) to three (3) years of experience involving
accounting practices, budgeting, business plan development and
- Extensive computer skills, especially Excel, PowerBI, Tableau,
Extra credit if you have:
* Knowledge of the transportation and shipping industry a plus.
At Matson, we're looking for people to build a unified team to
maintain our values of trust, integrity, and reliability. We
welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and
thoughtfully challenge assumptions.
Keywords: Matson Inc, Oakland , Senior Financial and Operations Analyst, Professions , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!