Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst III
Company: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center
Posted on: November 22, 2022
This individual contributor is primarily responsible for supporting
financial planning, modeling, analysis, and forecasting,
identifying and preparing reports on financial and budgeting
trends, assisting in analysis of operational performance, and
gathering and preparing recommendations on financial activities and
- Pursues self-development and effective relationships with
others by proactively providing resources, information, advice, and
expertise with coworkers and customers; influencing others through
technical explanations and examples; providing occasional mentoring
to team members; listening and responding to, seeking, and
addressing performance feedback; creating plans to capitalize on
strengths and develop weaknesses; anticipating and responding to
the needs of others; and adapting to and learning from change,
difficulties, and feedback.
- Completes work assignments by applying up-to-date expertise in
subject area to generate creative solutions; ensuring all
procedures and policies are followed; leveraging an understanding
of data, and resources to support projects or initiatives;
collaborating cross-functionally to solve business problems;
identifying and monitoring priorities, deadlines, and expectations;
communicating progress and information; identifying, recommending,
and implementing ways to address improvement opportunities; and
escalating issues or risks as appropriate.
- Supports the evaluation of the business environment by
conducting financial assessments (e.g., Situational,
Strategic Planning, system value chain analysis); and generating
reports summarizing business, financial, or economic data.
- Completes costing activities by identifying cost avoidance and
cost recovery opportunities.
- Supports improving financial performance by identifying
financial trends; using results of analyses; calling attention to
operational issues that need to be addressed to improve
performance; and partnering with the business to address
operational performance issues.
- Supports business modeling by developing best-practice models;
analyzing risk alternatives; and developing what-if scenarios and
forecasts using in-house models or software.
- Supports reporting of region/business unit financial
information by evaluating financial trends, data analysis reports,
and forecasts of income and expense; reviewing assets, liabilities,
revenues, and expenses; and using data/inputs from region/business
unit systems to support analyses (e.g., membership and utilization
reports, volume reporting, day sales inventory, analysis
spreadsheets, investment schedules).
- Supports assessment of the business vision, objectives, and
strategic initiatives by conducting research to assess financial
impact of strategies and initiatives.
- Creates budgets and/or forecasts under the guidance of others
in accordance with business strategic initiatives by analyzing
budgeting trends; preparing budget and forecasting; and
coordinating with others to develop department/regional
- Evaluates performance/operations/ financial state by using and
implementing templates (e.g., cash flow, RFA process, weekly unit
case report) and computer applications; conducting complex
financial analyses (e.g., operating cash flow analyses, pro forma
P&L, line item walk forwards, volume building blocks, NPV, IRR,
Discounted Cash Flow, statistical analyses, economic analyses); and
completing complex variance analysis (e.g., volume, P&L line
item, cost of goods, rate).
- Supports internal and external audits by assisting with
preparation of audit schedules and review of audit
- Supports field operations by analyzing their
- Supports Financial Statement Analysis of business partners
(e.g., suppliers, customers, co-packers, acquisition targets) by
using software systems (Internet, Bloomberg, and D&B), annual
reports, and/or interviews; determining the financial status
(viability) of business partners; and assessing risk
- Supports others in advising region/business unit leaders on
strategic fiscal matters by preparing regular and special reports
for both financial and statistical matters in order to facilitate
financial management throughout the organization; and organizing
regular meetings with leadership to review financial results for
- Supports strategic financial planning by performing and
evaluating financial, utilization, and benchmark
- Supports strategic financial planning by gathering and
preparing recommendations for financial plans, acquisition
activity, financial requirements, and operating forecasts; and
applying financial concepts for financial planning and control.
- Bachelors degree in finance, business, or related field and
Minimum three (3) years Financial Planning & Analysis experience,
or directly related business experience. Additional equivalent work
experience in a directly related field may be substituted for the
- One (1) year experience in a leadership role with or without
- One (1) year project management experience.
- Two (2) years experience working with advanced functions of
spreadsheet software (e.g., Excel), including graphics, pivot
tables, macros and/or complex formulas.
- Three (3) years experience working with KP data sources or
- Three (3) years health care experience.
- Two (2) years experience working with intermediate SQL and/or
- One (1) year construction and maintenance finance
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center, Oakland , Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst III, Professions , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!