Senior Programmer Analyst
Company: PG&E Corporation
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Requisition ID -# 136767 -Job Category: Information Technology
-Job Level: Individual ContributorBusiness Unit: Information
TechnologyJob Location: Oakland - -Department OverviewIT supports
the Gas and Electric Control Centers by improving service quality,
increasing capabilities through the development of additional
functionality, implementing new technology, reducing costs,
increasing productivity, and facilitating organizational and
business e---ectiveness through enabling technologies. -Position
SummaryThe Programmer/Analyst designs, develops, modi---es,
con---gures, debugs and evaluates application programs for
functional business areas. Programs include reports, interfaces,
conversions, enhancements, forms, and work---ows (RICEFWs).
Analyzes existing applications and systems and formulates logic for
new systems, devises logic procedures, logical database design,
performs coding and tests/debugs programs. Assist in the
de---nition, development, and documentation of deliverables, and
speci---cations on a project-by-project basis as de---ned in the IT
Methodology, in collaboration with business analyst and other
project team members. Consult with business analyst and architects
to understand, anticipate, and meet current and future business
needs. Modify and con---gure applications/systems as speci---ed in
the requirements and/or technical design document. Prepares and
obtains approval of system and development documentation.
Recommends changes in development, maintenance and system standards
and processes. Anticipate client concerns and questions and provide
timely, professional, straight forward (non-technical)
communications. Provide on call support for production systems and
provide timely solutions. Day-to-day tasks to insure systems are up
and running. Respond to ad-hoc questions and intra- departmental
communications. Supports bug ---xes, patches, minor enhancements,
and service request -Responsibilities:
- Provide primary technology support for all in-house
environments with supported application platforms.
- Provide IT hand holding support, technical expertise to
infrastructure Build & application Test teams as different
activities are moved among environments.
- Coordinate installation refresh of database incremental drops
from application vendor.
- Provide database support (SQL and application in-memory
database) on all environments as different code sets and
incremental updates are made available
- Manage and deploy vendor application updates (patches,
hotfixes) and coordinate with internal teams for OS updates on all
environments taking into consideration different ongoing
- Manage access to all environment - onboarding users, changing
authority and access control for different testing scenarios
- Provide infrastructure build & configuration support to build
team as environments are deployed and fully integrated for
- Provide system support to cybersecurity build & testing
- Provide system support to system monitoring team to rationalize
the number of events being monitored and assign priority for future
support model development
- Manage data refresh from production environment to
- Manage planned maintenance and planned outages across the three
- Receive and track reports of application incidents, and support
users throughout the triage and resolution process
- Receive and implement system and application configuration
- As required, test and evaluate product upgrades, add-ons, etc.
to validate product integrity, usability, and detect potential user
issues, identify potential solutions and make recommendations for
- Application performance analysis, proactive troubleshooting and
- Update process documentation - ensure documentation of entire
environment is current. Support the deployment of solutions and
have a good understanding of solution methodology. Management of
global systems users.
- Understand business requirements and apply them to complex
programming and analysis.
- Follow and collaborate on existing Application Development
Frameworks and Coding Standards.
- Solid understanding of IT Delivery Methodology, compliance
processes and impact to client projects.
- Development of Web/Windows applications and reports using C,
ASP.net, ADO.net, SQL Server 2016/2019, MS SQL Server Reporting
Services, Oracle DB and .Net Framework 3.5/4.0 with strong
knowledge of Object-Oriented concepts.
- Problem Solving: Lead complex system modi---cations.
Assignments are based on extensive knowledge of concepts,
principles or practices in a speci---c discipline, ---eld or area
of expertise, and require seasoned, experienced-based judgment in
applying and adapting techniques.
- Internal/External Contact: May attend client meetings on behalf
of team or manager. Collaborates with Project Manager on complex
project timelines, identifying critical path, resource assignments,
risks, and dependencies representative.
- Freedom of Action: Oversee, mentor, and provide guidance to
less experienced programmer-analysts. -Quali---cation:Minimum:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or
equivalent experience and/or ---eld of study
- 5 years of programming analysis experience
- At least 1-2 years Electric utility background (distribution or
transmission systems preferred)
- Hands-on experiences in developing Web/Windows applications and
reports using C, ASP.net, ADO.net, SQL Server, MS SQL Server
Reporting Services, Oracle, .Net Framework 3.5/4.0 with strong
knowledge of Object-Oriented concepts. -Desired:
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
with the ability to work in a collaborative environment and
interact with all levels of management within the Business, -IT
groups besides the application Vendor
- Strong technical acumen with the ability to understand
different Distribution Management System functions and
- Awareness and good familiarity with tools / applications
regularly used by electric distribution or transmission system
Operators, Operating Engineers, and Planning Engineers such as:
SCADA, Outage Management System (OMS), Distribution Management
System (DMS), Power Flow modeling tools (e.g., CYME), Geographic
Information System (GIS), operational data historian (e.g., OSISoft
- Demonstrated skills and experience in maintaining SCADA, OMS/
DMS or EMS software including relevant experience working on
upgrade or replacement projects in the past
- Ability to be creative, versatile, efficient and productive in
the face of ambiguity
- Strong drive for results and continuous improvement including
development of standards and process in line with utility best
- Strong problem determination and analytical skill to enhance
large and interrelated systems.
- Pro---cient with development including web, database and
building REST and RESTful APIS using ANGULAR, typescript, Node, and
Python, Kendo, and NoSQL.
- Working knowledge of Windows Communication Foundation (WCF),
Windows Work---ow Foundation (WF), and Microsoft Web Server like
- Expertise in Database Systems, SQL, Oracle.
- Experience working in Agile / Scrum environment. - -
Keywords: PG&E Corporation, Oakland , Senior Programmer Analyst, Professions , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!