Principal, Construction Manager (Flexible location)
Company: Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Posted on: January 16, 2023
Requisition ID# 143920Job Category: Maintenance / Construction /
OperationsJob Level: Manager/PrincipalBusiness Unit: Operations -
OtherWork Type: HybridJob Location: OaklandPosition SummaryThe
Construction Manager is responsible for construction and
improvement projects in the gas transmission system. The
Construction Manager identifies contract worthy projects, consults
on project feasibility and project site details, coordinates with
construction crews, oversees project inspectors, and on a project
specific basis performs construct ion oversight. The incumbent may
also prepare job packages and construction estimates, conduct job
walks, and meet with bidders, contractors, and governing agencies.
The Construction Manager ensures projects are completed per company
standards, engineering design, regulatory guidelines, permits and
- Travel approximately 50% with occasional overnight stays.
- This position offers a flexible work location within the
PG&E service territoryPG&E is providing the salary range
that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this
position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is
specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an
individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not
limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications,
experience, market value, geographic location, collective
bargaining agreements, and internal equity. A reasonable salary
range is:Bay Area Minimum: $136,000Bay Area Maximum:
$232,000&/ORCalifornia Minimum: $129,000California Maximum:
$220,000This job is also eligible to participate in PG&E's
discretionary incentive compensation programs.Responsibilities:
- Works autonomously, applying extensive unique subject matter
expertise to solve unique and complex problems, anticipates issues
and develops innovative solutions on projects in multiple
disciplines such as civil, electrical, process instrumentation and
pipeline construction management.
- Works with senior management to support strategic planning and
- Manages major cross-functional projects and initiatives. Acts
as a thought leader; applying extensive and unique subject matter
expertise in the development of strategy and resolution.
- Establishes and maintains complete and accurate portfolio of
Gas Transmission construction projects. Partners with sourcing and
contracts group to ensure contracts and records are in
- Maintains relationships with all management level staff to
ensure accurate Gas Transmission construction project details are
communicated to Regional Construction Managers (RCM's) and other
stakeholders, ensuring all construction management services are
- Ensures Gas Transmission construction job estimates are
prepared in accordance with company standards and job estimates
accurately reflect the CM & inspection resources required to
perform the work.
- Attends meetings and represents the M&C organization
effectively to internal and external stakeholders. Attends and
conducts project bid walks and construction site meetings as
- Provides constructability reviews, cost development, resource
loading, coordinates schedules including establishment and updates
of accurate milestone dates during the pre- construction/design
phase of projects when needed.
- Attends job scope walk downs, leads job scope discussions and
attends 30/60/95 day design reviews by Engineering to provide
constructability input. Leads formal job walk downs with Project
Managers and/or Gas Operation Supervisors to review the IFC (Issued
For Construction) drawings and discuss schedule and target
- Monitors construction activities and ensures construction
operations meet the program's safety, quality, cost and schedule
goals. Utilizes workload management database, updates any assigned
projects, reviews workload analysis reports for action and manages
full planning team process from inception via request for
- Oversees the inspection of the construction work. Coordinates
the work of field inspectors to ensure adequate coverage of all
- Communicates any engineering and design issues with Project
Coordination and Engineering, seeks or makes decisions on any
change affecting cost and schedule according to the DOA. Requests a
PG&E GC field engineer to perform site verification of content
of test data and other as-built documents for accuracy and
- Provides mentoring to all other level
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil
Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10 years or more of experience in the field of Industrial
engineering or ConstructionDesired:
- 15 years working experience in the field of Industrial
Engineering or Construction.
- 10 years as a construction superintendent in heavy civil,
industrial or Gas Transmission construction managing projects with
a value or $10M or greater combined with 15 years or greater in a
- Knowledge of carbon steel piping materials, welding processes
and standards used on Gas Transmission Construction.
- Working Knowledge Primavera P6, Unifier, Primavera Contracts
Manager, Prolog or similar.
- Demonstrated abilities in Cost accounting / Inspection /
- Demonstrated knowledgein Gas Transmission Construction.
- Ability to perform cost and project scheduling.
- Gas Transmission material / construction / welding
- Expert knowledge of Gas Transmission construction projects in
all disciplines: civil, mechanical and pipelines.
- Familiarity with the processes and orientation of construction
- Strong project and people management skills.
- Ability to understand, interpret and communicate
civil/electrical work procedures, process instrumentation, work
methods, standards, policies, and guidelines.
- Demonstrates skill in achieving cooperation from others in
order to achieve a goal.
- Ability to lead teams to perform
- effectively under deadlines and in emergency situations
- Expert Knowledge of California and
- Federal regulatory requirements such as Federal Energy
Regulatory Commission (FERC).
- Knowledge of the company's
- emergency managementprocesses.
- Ability to lead trainings and coach less experienced
- Long-term planningand scheduling skills.#featuredjob
Keywords: Pacific Gas and Electric Company, Oakland , Principal, Construction Manager (Flexible location), Professions , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!