Data Reporting and Analytics Consultant IV, Biostatistics
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: May 18, 2023
Deliver on your commitment to total care. When you join our
integrated health care delivery system, you'll be a real part of
our commitment to preventative care. That's because we empower our
teams to maximize total health in mind, body, and spirit. Together,
we work as one for a healthier today and tomorrow.Data Reporting
and Analytics Consultant IV, Biostatistics Primary Location
Oakland, California Job Number 1045455 Date posted 04/13/2023 In
addition to the responsibilities listed below, this position is
also responsible for contributing to the publication process by
independently writing method and results sections with little
review; documenting processes and decision points; and outlining
procedures. This position is also responsible for writing and
compiling manuals; writing macros and distributable programs;
creating advanced statistical models including identifying and
addressing when assumptions have been violated; reviewing data for
potential error, mistakes, and data quality issues; and breaking
approved proposals into process steps.
- Practices self-development and promotes learning in others by
proactively providing information, resources, advice, and expertise
with coworkers and customers; building relationships with
cross-functional stakeholders; influencing others through technical
explanations and examples; adapting to competing demands and new
responsibilities; listening and responding to, seeking, and
addressing performance feedback; providing feedback to others;
creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and develop
weaknesses; supporting team collaboration; and adapting to and
learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Completes work assignments and supports business-specific
projects by applying expertise in subject area; supporting the
development of work plans to meet business priorities and
deadlines; ensuring team follows all procedures and policies;
coordinating resources to accomplish priorities and deadlines;
collaborating cross-functionally to make effective business
decisions; solving complex problems; escalating high priority
issues or risks as appropriate; and recognizing and capitalizing on
- Executes creative data analytic approaches leading to
actionable outcomes by defining and calculating metrics to be
analyzed; defining, calculating, and validating algorithms; and
conducting analyses, including descriptive, correlational,
inferential, and/or predictive statistics.
- Develops, implements, and automates business and reporting
solutions by working with stakeholders in their design, planning,
and implementation while ensuring consistency and coherency;
evaluating and summarizing data and results; creating summary
statistics; developing data reports, visualizations, and/or
interactive Business Intelligence (BI) reports; reporting to
stakeholders on key findings; identifying needs for the development
and implementation of additional reporting solutions; and preparing
documentation as appropriate.
- Interprets data analyses by applying findings to contextual
settings; and developing insights, reports, and presentations
telling a compelling story to stakeholders to enable and influence
decision making; and providing context related to data
interpretations and/or limitations as appropriate.
- Drives strategic data-informed decisions by consulting with
clients to identify and clarify key business needs; developing
outcomes and process measures; translating business requirements;
determining data/information needs and data collection methods;
developing analysis plans; measuring the impact of business
decisions on clients, customers, and/or members; working with
clients and staff to identify opportunities and methods to improve
efficiencies with analysis; supporting and training end-users; and
documenting processes and deliverables.
- Gathers data and information on targeted variables in an
established systematic fashion by validating data sources;
querying, merging, and extracting data across sources; completing
routine data refresh and update; developing and/or delivering tools
for electronic data collection; and providing user training,
support, and documentation.
- Develops analytical and/or statistical models enabling informed
business decisions by determining data and analytical requirements;
creating models leading to actionable insights; and testing,
refining, and validating models.
- Prepares data for analytic efforts by integrating and
consolidating data; ensuring data quality and accuracy; profiling
data inaccuracies and recommending process improvements or system
changes to enhance overall quality of the data; and cleaning and
creating final data set(s) for analysis.Additional Notes:
- Position is for one year. Continuation is contingent upon
contract/grant funding. Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum one (1) year medical or health analytics
- Minimum three (3) years statistical modeling experience using
SAS, R, or another advanced statistical package.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a leadership role with or
without direct reports.
- Masters degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, Public Health,
Data Science, or related field and Minimum five (5) years
experience in data analytics or a directly related field.
Additional equivalent work experience in a directly related field
may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- N/A Preferred Qualifications:
- One (1) year publications as an author in medical or scientific
- One (1) year experience statistical consulting.
- Two (2) years project management experience.
- Three (3) years text analytics experience.
- Three (3) years experience working with SQL.
- Two (2) years experience working in a matrixed
- One (1) year health care experience.
- Three (3) years programming experience.
- Three (3) years study design experience.
- Three (3) years experience working with SAS.
- Three (3) years experience working with data visualization
- Three (3) years data simulation experience.
- Three (3) years complex event modeling experience.
- Three (3) years experience working with Open Source Tools (e g
, R, Python).
- Three (3) years experience working with data extraction and
- Three (3) years experience working with Excel.
- Three (3) years statistical modeling experience.
- Two (2) years experience delivering presentations to
- Three (3) years experience working with statistical analysis
- Three (3) years relational database experience. Primary
Location: California,Oakland,2000 Broadway Scheduled Weekly Hours:
40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours
Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union
Affiliation: NUE-NCAL-09-NUE-Non Union Employee Job Level:
Individual Contributor Specialty: Data Analytics & Reporting
Department: Oakland Reg - 2000 Broadway - RI Medical
Records_Recharge - 0201 Pay Range: $124400 - $161040 / year Travel:
No At Kaiser Permanente, equity, inclusion and diversity are
inextricably linked to our mission, and we aim to make it a part of
everything we do. We know that having a diverse and inclusive
workforce makes Kaiser Permanente a better place to receive health
care, a more supportive partner in our communities we serve, and a
more fulfilling place to work. Working at Kaiser Permanente means
that you agree to and abide by our commitment to equity and our
expectation that we all work together to create an inclusive work
environment focused on a sense of belonging and wellbeing.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Oakland , Data Reporting and Analytics Consultant IV, Biostatistics, Professions , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...