Company: XPO Logistics
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Logistics done differently.At Employer, our employees are our greatest asset. And we need leaders who will provide guidance and education, as well as ensure organizational policies and procedures are understood and followed. As the Terminal Manager, you will be responsible for overall site operations for a drayage operation with between 30 and 70 Independent Contractors (IC). As part of our team, you ll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.Pay, benefits and more.We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.What you ll do on a typical day:
- Manage overall terminal P&L; to established budgets and forecasts
- Oversee all terminal dispatch, planning, and document management functions
- Manage terminal operational performance including on-time pick-up and delivery, volume, equipment balance, and empty miles
- Manage the effectiveness of terminal operations interaction and relationship with ICs; responsible for managing IC tractor maintenance compliance, and service delivery
- Responsible for IC recruiting and retention, meeting established fleet size goals
- Ensure terminal staff is properly trained, and participate in continuous learning courses as required
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problemsWhat you need to succeed at XPO:At a minimum, you ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 8 years of experience in logistics or transportationIt d be great if you also have:
- Associate or bachelor s degree in Business, Logistics, or OperationsBe part of something big.XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Or al, Toyota and many others. We re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we re just getting started.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Keywords: XPO Logistics, Oakland , Terminal Manager, Professions , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!