Driver - CDL & Hazmat Required - San Francisco Bay Area - Offering $3,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Company: Tech Air
Posted on: August 16, 2019
Job Title: Driver (CDL & Hazmat Required)
Reports To: Distribution Manager
Position type: Full time
Location: Oakland, CA
Offering: $3,000.00 Sign-On Bonus (with CDL A or B and Hazmat
endorsement), Competitive benefits, generous PTO, 401(k), FREE life
insurance and AD&D, Driver incentive bonus, home every night,
tuition reimbursement, paid training.
About the Company:
Alliance Welding Supplies, part of the Tech Air Companies, is the
largest independent distributor of Industrial, Specialty, Bulk, and
Cryogenic Gases, Welding Supplies, and Safety Equipment, in the San
Francisco Bay Area. Alliance Welding Supplies operates 6 branches
throughout the Bay Area; Oakland, San Carlos, San Jose, Berkeley,
Concord and Livermore.
The Tech Air Companies believe that business can grow based on
family service and values. We have been providing the highest
quality products, outstanding customer service, and expert
technical support to our customers throughout the United States for
About the position:
Summary: Safely, courteously, and efficiently deliver products to
Responsibilities & Accountabilities: (Other duties may be
Transport and deliver goods to customers in a safe, courteous, and
efficient manner while following all federal and company
- Contributes to customer satisfaction by completing all assigned
deliveries in a safe, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Consistently performs pre and post trip vehicle and load
- Completes all required Daily Inspection Reports (DVIR) and
- Operates vehicles in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier
Safety regulations and obey all traffic laws.
- Communicates with manager any problems with vehicles or
- Schedules and records vehicle maintenance/service
Load and unload vehicles safely, accurately, and timely: (50%)
- Loads vehicle as per the delivery tickets received for that day
in an accurate and timely manner.
- Verifies pre-loaded vehicle inventory is correct and creates
manifest prior to departure.
- Unload and store empty cylinders in designated areas.
- Return cylinders to correct dock/interior storage area based on
product type and federal guidelines.
- High degree of safety consciousness.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and under stress.
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal).
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- License/Registrations/Certifications: CDL (A, B or C) with
- Experience: 2+ years of experience
- Physical Requirements: Ability to regularly lift and maneuver
- Education: High school diploma or GED
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a condition of employment, qualified candidates must
successfully complete a post-offer/pre-employment drug test.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Tech Air, Oakland , Driver - CDL & Hazmat Required - San Francisco Bay Area - Offering $3,000 Sign-On Bonus!, Professions , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!